jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Question to My Sweet Followers and Non-Followers Alike:

1. kenneth avery profile image82
    kenneth averyposted 4 months ago

What is your all-time Andy Griffith Show episode? I will start with my all-time favorite:
    "Man in a Hurry."

1. Solaras profile image90
      Solarasposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I don't know their titles, but I do still love the one where Barney is running around shouting "Citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest!" I use that all the time when I see people jay walking.

kenneth averyposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Solaras, you named the title: "Citizen's Arrest," which was one of the cast favorites. I love this one too.

2. 67
    Neena40posted 4 months ago

I loved all episodes of Andy griffith. But there was this one particular episode, I don't know the title but in that Andy Griffith is called to court and Barney beautifully describes how great Andy is as a police officer and as a friend. I will try to find out the title and post it.

Good to know you follow these wonderful episodes of Any Griffith.

Neena40, I watched this one yesterday. It is where Ruta Lee, starred as a young girl college student who, on the orders of her publisher boss, tried to fish some negative info from Barney to make him look foolish so her boss could get even with him for arresting him for not showing up for his trial for speeding.
      Lee was one more pretty girl.

3. Jodah profile image85
    Jodahposted 4 months ago

I used to love the show, but can't remember any particular episodes. Barney was a hillarious character.

Jodah, oh, how right you are about Don Knotts. FYI: his first name was Jess in real life and Andy was known for needling him about this during the filming of some shows. Off camera, the two were great friends.

4. grand old lady profile image90
    grand old ladyposted 4 months ago

I heard of the Andy Griffith show, but was a kid and never watched it. However, I remember Don Knotts very well and saw him on TV. Maybe it was an Andy Griffith show and I didn't know it. Don Knotts had big eyes.

grand old lady (who is NOT old),
      You are right. Knotts did have big eyes. And used his features to make each scene he appeared to be more comical or dramatic.

5. 67
    Neena40posted 4 months ago

We used to watch Andy Griffith episodes almost everyday after dinner. There was always something to learn from each episode.

Andy Griffith's first appearance was on a show named Father Knows Best. Then he started the Andy Griffith Show.

Thanks Kenneth

Neena40,
      I did also. Watching Andy Griffith throughout the years has been more like a way of life interwoven into our lives more than just a comedy show on TV.
      And you are welcome. Thanks for your input.

6. Gcrhoads64 profile image96
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 months ago

The episode where Opie kills the momma bird is my favorite. He raises the babies then sets them free. I still remember the end; Opie says the cage seems so empty and Andy replies. "Yes, but aren't the trees so full."  smile

Gcrhoads64,
      I agree 110% with you. The screenwriter (for that episode), Aaron Ruben, said on an Andy Griffith Documentary that he had finished (that) script all but the last lines of dialogue, then he went blank.
      After an hour or two of walking around he sat back down at his typewriter and after that, he said that he didn't remember how the ending was written--he said it was like his hands took minds of their own and well, you see how it ended.
      I am prone to believe that Divine Intervention had a lot to do with it.

7. faith-hope-love profile image79
    faith-hope-loveposted 4 months ago

like Jodah. I enjoyed all of those shows but now can't remember the names of Any.  It was definitely a good clean show.

working