Goodbye America! The Brits are Here...

1. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Back in the day,british movies were generally as awfully boring.And worst of all you had to spend a whole 2 hours minimum watching stiff middle aged men in banquet halls saying corny things like 'grand'.Who wants to spend 2 hours watching that?Nobody.Bollywood movies are 3hrs,but atleast you enjoy the songs.English sitcoms wasn't half bad though.They had Some Mothers Do Have Them, Fools & Horses, Mr. Bean,etc & they were funny as hell too. But if you really wanted to watch something half decent,you had to watch an American flick.The eighties and early nighties were packed full of classics.Till date,I still watch My Taxi Driver,Raging Bull,Goodfellas,Pulp Fiction,etc but as the millenium approached Hollywood took a turn for the worse. I mean,Hollywood has always been phony,everyone knows that.But this was the height of it.Worst of all is this trend of casting corny untalented actors for phony roles. I wont mention names,but say Jennifers & Matthews.Thank God for people like Scorcese, be continued

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Know what you mean
      When I was younger a high percent of TV all came from Britain or BBC (bloody boring channel) remember we were young.As TV Programmers bought more bundles from the USA and further afield what a difference it made to entertainment. Our family seemed to lean more toward the American sense of humor ,although we understood both. Culturally ,well we didnt hear our side of the story until my country gave birth to directors and film makers of her own ( New Zealand) now we see and accomodate the best and up to date with the usual Hollywood lolly scramble.