jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Country Music Lovers - Need help with this song title

1. FlourishAnyway profile image94
    FlourishAnywayposted 3 months ago

I have a reader who is asking the following (see below), and although the song is familiar to me I am drawing a complete blank and reaching a dead end with researching it.  It is NOT "The Red Corvette" (by John McCutcheon).   Can anyone help?  Here's their message to me:

Am Looking for a song, male country artist. He sees an ad for an excessively cheap car. Calls to verify. Turns out her husband got caught cheating & she was getting rid of things he treasured. $1000 for a year old car, she threw the Arnold Palmer clubs in the trunk in free. Singer ends up moving in with her.

Thank you for your help!
    FlourishAnyway

1. IslandBites profile image84
      IslandBitesposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Revenge of the middle-age woman by Tracy Byrd

2. 74
      Setank Setunkposted 3 months ago in reply to this

George Jones, " The One I Loved Back Then".

FlourishAnywayposted 3 months ago in reply to this

The one we are looking for is told from the perspective of the guy who buys the car on the cheap and gets the golf clubs and wife as lucky extras.

1. 74
          Setank Setunkposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Sorry. "Revenge of a Middle Aged Women" by Tracy Byrd.

FlourishAnywayposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yessiree!  That's it!  Many thanks!

2. firstcookbooklady profile image81
    firstcookbookladyposted 3 months ago

when you find out the name of the song, post it, because I'm dying to know now. I know when I researched it last night, I found out that there was a Snopes article about several versions of the story or joke. They didn't give credit to any song. Google did offer up your new webpage, however... [smile]

working