Should comedians stop doing political jokes?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 5 days ago

I was watching a few news clips today, and one of them covered a story regarding Amy Schumer, who some of you may remember from the romantic comedy, "Train Wreck", that also featured LeBron James.  However, she's also known for her controversial TV show on comedy central.  If you've been following her for awhile, it's a well known fact that she's a Hilary Clinton supporter, and she has no love for Donald Trump.  However, she did a comedy piece, where she invited a trump supporter in her audience on stage with her, which led to her making a joke about Donald Trump. Needless to say, over 200 people walked out of the studio.  My question to you all is this.  Should comedians be a bit more sensitive to every individual's political beliefs to where they leave politics out of comedy completely?  Or do you think that the Trump supporters that walked out should just grow up, and not take things so seriously?  Please discuss.

1. Live to Learn profile image80
      Live to Learnposted 5 days ago in reply to this

I think if we took politics out of their bag of tricks they'd have a harder time coming up with shows to make us laugh.

However, whether it be a Hillary or Trump supporter, if she took them on stage to make them a part of the joke I'd have walked out also.