jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why horror film like SAW has so much success ?

1. thecounterpunch profile image57
    thecounterpunchposted 8 years ago

People can watch it here (it's not my hub)
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Watch-movie-SAW … e-for-free

I don't even understand why people can stand of film. Though it is fiction, It's out of my understanding how there are so many people enjoying such worst than nazi blood carnage scene. Is it me ?

2. Apae profile image71
    Apaeposted 8 years ago

I think it is just you. As a teen, I absolutely enjoy those kinds of movies. I haven't heard of adults watching it though. Maybe its cause I don't hang around with many of them lol.

3. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

Horror films are really fun to watch!

I regularly watch these types of films to gain an insight into the workings of the colour of blood...bollocks I just like these films!

Pass the popcorn!

4. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Violence is one of the oldest forms of entertainment (along with prostitution), so in that sense I'd say it's actually extremely "natural" in that it's human nature.  That's not to say whether or not I think we ought to encourage said nature...

5. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I'm no fan of the horror genre. However I went out of my way to watch Saw because it was written  by two Australians. One of whom directed the original and the other starred in it.

Leigh Whannell (he was the young guy in the original) used to do a film review segment on a television show called Recovery here in Australia. I liked him. He had such a passion for film. It was infectious.

So when I heard about how they managed to pull off a Hollywood film (interesting story that, how they landed the deal) I thought I better check it out. I'm into filmmaking. It fascinates me. Particularly original independent films that manage to pull off major box office success.

On that basis I watched Saw and Saw 2. I'm yet to see the others. And while it's not ordinarily my cup of tea they've got very complex plots with a storyline that twists and turns.

So that's why I think Saw has had so much success. It didn't just crank out another low budget horror with a tired old story.

On a separate note, I've seen the Harry Potter novels take a very dark turn. Which is fine by me. And what started as a childrens story has turned into a very intelligent and layered story. I've read all the novels and hope that the upcoming films don't lose the edge that the books have developed. Though the last Potter novel sadly didn't have enough of Kreacher. And left out some fantastic character development that was present in the book.

6. kpfingaz profile image71
    kpfingazposted 8 years ago

Just saw Saw II. Loved it!

"Oh yes. There will be blood." Loved that line too.

I think because its original and different from the predictable plot of the other horror movies. Its mysterious.