jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)

Calling All Hubbers . . .

1. kenneth avery profile image81
    kenneth averyposted 5 months ago

If you were allowed to be ONE of the four Cartwrights on Bonanza,
    which one would you choose?
    Conditions: Just for ONE week.
    Think carefully. I have found out that, depending on which character
    that you choose, this will tell pretty much all about your personality
    and character.

1. Terrielynn1 profile image82
      Terrielynn1posted 5 months ago in reply to this

I would be kitty. She ran the house. Not one of the boys, but neither am I. Thanks for asking. It reminds of being a kid and watching the old westerns.

kenneth averyposted 5 months ago in reply to this

@Terrielynn1,
        Wow! Your choice tells me that you are not to be pushed around. You are humble hearted, giving, and very sensitive to others' needs, but you are not a patsy. Am I right?

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Just curious- my choice would be Adam( I think that's the correct name) the older brother.

galleryofgrace,
        So far Adam more than the rest of the Bonanza cast is in the lead with your choices. Not that this is a bad thing. It shows how many wise hubbers there are on here. No reflection on the Little Joe and Hoss' choices. P.S. I would want to be Hoss for his amazingly big heart.

3. RoadMonkey profile image81
      RoadMonkeyposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I would have been Hoss. He was strong. I always wanted to be strong.

RoadMonkey, me too. I agree with you.

4. The0NatureBoy profile image74
      The0NatureBoyposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Adan is more of the personality I have, always wanting things lawful correct. It takes integrity and deep inner strength to always seek justice.

Amen, TheONatureBoy, wise choice.

2. Terrielynn1 profile image82
    Terrielynn1posted 5 months ago

Well let's say I've grown a lot over the years. I was told to stay kind but don't be anyone's door mat. I think spending most of my adult life fighting for my children helped changed the nieve, sensitive person I was. To more self confident, love me and I love you back. But treat me bad or break my trust and you will regret it. I also believe you teach people how to treat you. But everyone has a story and you can't judge till you know theirs.

@Terrielynn1: I completely understand. And you and I are a lot alike. When someone hurts me willfully, I have to be careful in trusting that person again. Thanks for the Follow. In the weeks ahead, I shall send you My Personal Email of Thanks!

3. Country Homemaker profile image87
    Country Homemakerposted 5 months ago

When I was a little girl watching Bonanza, I was in love with Adam.  So that would be my choice.  By the way, Bonanza was the first TV show I saw when color TV first was invented.  Wow!

@Country Homemaker,
      I can see Adam being the Don Juan of the early dramatic western series. But I thought that Little Joe would win most of the hearts.
      Oh, which character am I? I forgot to share: I am more of a Hoss than any on that show.

1. always exploring profile image83
        always exploringposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Can you believe that I watch Bonanza and love it. I really didn't watch it when it first came out, so It's mostly all new shows to me. My choice is Little Joe, he's so handsome and a terrific actor. It's difficult knowing he died. He had so much more to give....

@ always exploring,
          Little Joe is a good choice. He and Hoss got into lots of scrapes with their fast money schemes. That I could never figure out. Here they are the sons of the richest rancher in that state and having to rely on making a fast buck to get by?
          I think it was just for the thrill of seeing something work.

4. Jodah profile image88
    Jodahposted 5 months ago

I would be Hoss but in Little Joe's body as I am not a big man

@Jodah, great choice. The writers were good to Hoss in that they wrote him a lot of dramatic scenes in several shows.
      I always liked Hoss for he reminded me of me.

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 months ago

I think I would be Pa Cartwright.  He was even-handed; let the boys learn from their mistakes, and whenever possible, solved issues that affected the family without resorting to weapons.  (Except I'm not a guy, so...but, I always was a tomboy!  LOL)

1. cherylone profile image89
      cheryloneposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I kind of agree with you on this one, DzyMsLizzy, I would be Pa as well, even though I am not a boy.  He really was the best dad ever.  Maybe we could make the character a Mom instead.

2. kenneth avery profile image81

@DzyMsLzy, cherylone smile you just hit the nail on the head. You are both, according to your choices, very wise--and sometimes you do not know how wise that you really are.
      You both spark a great idea: A brand new modern-day Western: A Bonanza remake with a female lead as "Beatrice" who has to guide
      three daughters (by three different dads) in a daily plight to fight evil and still raise prize-winning horses.
      What great thinkers you two are smile

6. Podfather profile image59
    Podfatherposted 5 months ago

Ahh!!! the original Glamping family smile those guys knew how to Glamp in the wild west lol no half ass camping there !

7. ahorseback profile image47
    ahorsebackposted 5 months ago

When I was a child I admired the tone , resonance  and message behind Ben Cartwright's fatherly  strengths and presence .    So Ben it is .    Boy could the U.S. use that wisdom and adoration now !

working