jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

R.I.P. Chuck Berry

1. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 days ago

If you are even the slightest bit of a rock n roll fan you've got to drop some respect for the great Mr. Berry!

If there hadn't been Chuck Berry, there wouldn't have been a Beatles, or a Rolling Stones....and without them, there wouldn't have been anything.

http://bravewords.com/medias-static/images/features/2015/Lemmy:ChuckberryI.jpg

Chuck Berry with Lemmy (Motorhead). Lemmy once described Motorhead's music as "Chuck Berry on steroids."

2. Live to Learn profile image81
    Live to Learnposted 6 days ago

I'm embarrassed to say I thought it was the game show guy when I saw the thread.

Either way, may he rest in peace.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 5 days ago in reply to this

May the souls of both of them Rest in Peace. Both have been so much talented and popular. One with Rock music, the other with TV Game Shows.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 days ago

No love for a rock'n roll legend here? Geez. Tough room!

I guess nobody reads these forums unless it's rants about politics and/or Jesus. Sheesh. (*kicks rock*)

1. Kaili Bisson profile image97
      Kaili Bissonposted 5 days ago in reply to this

Very sad news indeed. There have been so many great stories coming out since news of his death. He sure did know how to put "youngsters" like Keith Richards in their place. So many artists have come forward with stories about how he influenced them...to your point, modern music - and especially rock'n'roll - would not have evolved the way it has without him.

2. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 5 days ago in reply to this

Very sorry to know. I have been a fan of rock and roll in my prime years. Now, don't have any time for all these things. I loved his songs and performances much. Now, I am 65 and he has reached his 90.
      May his soul rest in peace. And, my condolences to their family members.

4. Toni Spier Gray profile image60
    Toni Spier Grayposted 5 days ago

Chuck Berry infuenced me in music at an eary age in school, I just loved his style and I believe he was the beginning of my love for rock and roll, and all music for that matter! rip, you left a big mark on us

5. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 days ago

That would be Chuck "Gong Show" Barris, and he's just passed away as well. Damn, this is a bad week to be a Chuck!

I hope Chuck Norris is OK!

6. profile image61
    Crissy fposted 5 days ago

I hope so to

working