jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Do You Know Who...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 months ago

Trivia challenge: 

I don't know the answer, so this is both a query on my part, and a trivia challenge for those old enough to know...LOL

WHO did the voice for "Mr. Ed?"

1. bluesradio profile image31
      bluesradioposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Apparently the voice was that Allan "Rocky" Lane who was a former cowboy star...

1. kenneth avery profile image81
        kenneth averyposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Fantastic forum! Just sad that I will not be able to participate and to both of you, DzyMsLizzy, bluesradio . . .Ashland and Angel have started packing again for another dangerous mission.
        I should not leak this out, but reliable sources told me that it has a lot to do with Santo Domingo and some mysterious "creature" that is causing villagers a bit of trouble. It is named, "Fire Lizard." Oops!

2. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 3 months ago

Western actor, Allen Lane, made over 100 movies.  I loved him as the voice of Mr. Ed.  The jingle
    "A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
    And no one can talk to a horse of course
    That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse
    He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
    He's always on a steady course."...was sung by Jay Livingston who co-wrote the song with Ray Evans.

@ vocalcoach smile Do you think that my singing talent could propel me to hit the "big time?" I mean, if you help me and I do go far, would you let me pay you for coaching me??

1. vocalcoach profile image93
        vocalcoachposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I'd insist on it Kenneth!  smile  I'd also insist on 50% of your earnings just like Colonel Parker did with Elvis Presley - not only was Parker a greedy scum bag, he was never a Colonel!  (I'm not either:))

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Oh, super, VocalCoach!  Awesome!! +++

@DzyMsLizzy,
        Just what do I have to do to get someone's, anyone's attention to get a singing gig?

3. Oztinato profile image83
    Oztinatoposted 3 months ago

A horse of course. Hee haw.

Loved "Mr. Ed."

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
        DzyMsLizzyposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I wonder if the idea for Mr. Ed was spawned by a much earlier show, Francis the Talking Mule?
        It mostly (I believe) took place at an army camp, and the mule, like Mr. Ed, only spoke to one person, and also never when anyone else was around.  So of course, everyone thought that private was batshit crazy.  LOL

working