jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I don't know if anyone here cares about boxing, but...

1. Capable Woman profile image81
    Capable Womanposted 7 years ago

Did you see Hatton get knocked out by Pacquiao? Did anyone expect that to play out the way it did?

My business partner's dad is James "Smitty" Smith (www.inthiscornertv.com) and he interviewed Hatton a few days before...he said he thought Hatton was going to "walk right through" Pacquiao.

Moral: Don't bet on boxing (which I didn't).

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Absolutely none because I don't watch it. I don't even know who you're talking about. Having said that - I don't know what some famous people even look like. I've danced with a famous dj for instance - I'd no idea who he was. Just goes to show what happens when you don't watch TV huh?

And betting - I don't because I don't like putting money at risk. I come from a family that loves a flutter too. They gamble with their money ... I send mine up in smoke big_smile

3. aka-dj profile image78
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

I saw the news report (after the event). Haah, what a punch. The fight was billed as the biggest thing in boxing, and it was all over in a few minutes.
    I wonder if the spectators/fans felt ripped off? Bets? Nah, not me.

1. Capable Woman profile image81
      Capable Womanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know...that was the sickest knockout I've seen since Mike Tyson was a 19 year old killing machine.

I really hope Hatton retires now. He's a great guy and I'd hate to see him fade way over another couple of fights.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I saw the highlights n I thought it was a sad way to go out. I felt badly for Hatton. Didn't seem like he was fighting really hmm jus there to get KO'd ... I don't bet on fights since sometimes I like both tongue