jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Eminem at the MTV Movie Awards

1. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 8 years ago

What do you guys think about the big joke they played on the rapper at the award nite. I wouldn't find it funny if it was me, but you gotta admit...stuff was hilarious!

2. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 8 years ago

Eminem was in on it.

fierycjposted 8 years ago in reply to this

nah...its been long that the pro-gay community has been looking to get Eminem for his anti-gay antics in his music.

3. Colebabie profile image60

"Eminem told Rap Radar that he was, indeed, in on the MTV Movie Awards stunt, which had Sacha Baron Cohen's Bruno character drop from the sky and into his lap. "Sacha called me when we were in Europe and he had an idea to do something outrageous at the Movie Awards," Eminem tells RR. "I'm a big fan of his work, so I agreed to get involved with the gag....After the ceremony I went back to my hotel and laughed uncontrollably for about three hours. Especially after I saw it on air."
    Rap Radar later asks Eminem, "If it wasn't planned the way you agreed to, do you hold MTV or Sacha responsible and will you take any kind of action?" To which Em replies, "I'm thrilled that we pulled this off better than we rehearsed it. It had so many people going 'nuts,' so to speak. Everyone was blowing me up about it.""

yeah, I've read that. But I don't believe a word of it. He's a rapper for pete's sake, not a comedian! He could loose serious street cred for a stunt like that. Or even worse, get clipped. No kidding. You don't wanna appear to be a pansy or anything. In the rap game, that could be dangerous. The white boy is covering up.

1. sunstreeks profile image84
        sunstreeksposted 8 years ago in reply to this

He's an american entertainer. Period.

That sums it all up, doesn't it.

4. Colebabie profile image60

If he wasn't in on it, he has said and done a lot worse to get "clipped".  Made fun of a man's wife, numerous celebrities, been vulgar about groups of people. He wanted publicity, and he got it.

He's a rapper, but also an actor, he could play it off.

Are you saying he doesn't want to be a pansy so he wasn't in on it? Then why would he say he was a part of it?

5. Colebabie profile image60

The head writer for the MTV Movie Awards has settled the debate: the stunt involving Sacha Baron Cohen and Eminem at the MTV Movie Awards was completely planned.
    Comedy writing veteran Scott Aukerman wrote in a posting on his blog that the incident was staged and rehearsed in advance.

Eminem has a sense of humor too.

you win. Anything for the headlines, I guess. He should stay out of Compton, though. Lol.

6. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 8 years ago

It was a stunt and Eminem, if you've seen his videos, is a comedian - but not the kind of humor that everybody can take to cool

he's an okay rapper, rhymes well - but not that funny. But he can really attack phony, plastic people...that stuff kills me.

1. Cris A profile image60
        Cris Aposted 8 years ago in reply to this

So true that! He's got the mouth and the balls for it! cool

7. Hardy23 profile image60
    Hardy23posted 7 years ago

I was forget to watch this.  But i am looking for this on net.

8. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Marketing

upping the anti

Girls tend to change their image from hot to more slutty and guys well act out another character..

Grabs the media , hooks the audience , bingo ker ching goes the register

Hey thats like Goggle huh smile

working