jump to last post 1-22 of 22 discussions (34 posts)

Best Film in the past 10 years??

1. boberto profile image60
    bobertoposted 7 years ago

What is the best film in the last 10 years to now??

What do you think??

I personally enjoy a good Denzel Washington film

1. fierycj profile image84
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Denzel is the man. Training Day and Man On Fire does it for me any day. As for best film in the last 10 years...I'll go with Snatch and Layer Cake. Those movies kill me like you wouldn't believe.

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Snatch is a movie that I can watch again and again and be enthralled by the acting, the script, the soundtrack and the tight editing.

Another movie that rocked my socks was The Boondock Saints.

2. My Inner Jew profile image85
    My Inner Jewposted 7 years ago

Im going to have to go with The Count of Monte Cristo...hands down my favorite film and book ever!

3. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

" The Shooter " with Mark Wahlberg and Danny Glover, totally amazing movie. Check out the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6scqO5A … mp;index=1

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I really liked that movie. But Danny Glovers lisp annoyed the hell out of me.

2. livewithrichard profile image86
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

One of the best movies ever though BC I'm surprised you didn't mention one of your pirate trilogies...lol

I'm also with Darkside on Boondock Saints...also a great movie.

Surprised too nobody mentioned the LOTR trilogy, or he Bourne Trilogy, or the Matrix Trilogy.

1. spiderpam profile image60
        spiderpamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I guess I consider those movies to be more than movies I'll call them "Epic Cinematic Adventures" smile

4. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

Pity this wasn't called "Best Film in The Last 11 years". I'd go with Saving Private Ryan.

1. funmoojo profile image78
      funmoojoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, this film is the first movie brought me into the war scene while watching it!

5. dipless profile image85
    diplessposted 7 years ago

For me loved american history x

1. Anti-Valentine profile image94
      Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And that one too.

2. 0
      dennisemattposted 7 years ago in reply to this

makes me cry EVERY time.

6. dipless profile image85

fight club was pretty sweet too, but i was only allowed one wink

1. Joelle Burnette profile image85
      Joelle Burnetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Fight Club is great, but I've got to go with "Legend of 1900"

7. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Did I say Snatch or Layer Cake? C'mon guys...hasn't anyone seen them!

1. 0
      dennisemattposted 7 years ago in reply to this

snatch was AWESOME. sorry i havent seenlayer cake yet. Netflixx keeps recommending it to me, but my husband isnt interested. Maybe ill sneak it by....

8. CarpetDiem profile image76
    CarpetDiemposted 7 years ago

I agree that Denzel Washington is an awesome actor.
    That said I just saw Slumdog Millionaire and was blown away, kind of like when I saw Saving Private Ryan. smile And Apollo 13.
    Do I have to just pick one?

9. boberto profile image60

Post as many as you like big_smile

I have to agree with Snatch and Layer Cake although Snatch stands out i have to say, you have all listed some great films though!!

I also seen Slumdog Millionaire last week and thought it was really a fascinating film!

Has anyone seen Step Brothers- that is a very funny movie guys!!

Keep them coming! smile

10. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I'm with Darkside. Boondock Saints for me. I could watch it over and again. And have done so.

Hopefully the sequel will be out this year sometime.

11. boberto profile image60

Boondock Saints?? Never heard of it to be honest but i will be sure to check it out asap if two of you think it is a great film big_smile

12. 0
    dennisemattposted 7 years ago

Barton Fink, No Country for Old Men, The Big Lebowski, Insomnia, The Departed, Mystic River, Bang Bang your Dead, Monsters vs. Aliens, Eagle vs. Shark, Silence of the Lambs (only that might be older?) Rock'n Rolla, lock stock and 3 smoking barrels...oops, sorry....got carried away

1. fierycj profile image84
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

nice ones there. Hey, when you see Layer Cake, let me know what you think!

13. soni2006 profile image47
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Foolish 1999 movie, most hilarious movie.

14. Ladybird33 profile image73
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Seriously people, the best movie is "Platoon"!  I realize it was from 1986, but who cares? great war movies

Last ten years, I would go with "Band of Brothers" awesome, awesome mini series...from HBO, does that count?

15. boberto profile image60

American Gangster is a classic - Especially considering it is a true story!!

Yet again Denzel Washington, by far the best actor in the World it has to be said!!

16. boberto profile image60

Gladiator?!

17. spiderpam profile image60
    spiderpamposted 7 years ago

Vanilla Sky, 300, Smoking Aces, American Beauty, Boondock Saints, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Gladiator, Highlander, Kung Fu Hustle, Office Space, The Mummy, The Final Cut, Pulp Fiction, Undertaking Betty, Magnolia, X-Men 1, 2, 3, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Punch Drunk Love, Closer, V for Vendetta, The Count of Monte Cristo, Prozac Nation, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Memento, Donnie Darko, The Prestige, The Illusionist, Sin City, RENT, Interview with the Vampire, Dairy of a Mad Black Woman, Stranger Than Fiction, The Fountain, Stay, The Lady in the Water, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Blow, and I hope to add Sherlock Holmes to the list.

18. curiozities profile image62
    curiozitiesposted 7 years ago

Gladiator and Blackhawk Down.  Had I made it through Army Airborne school, Blackhawk might very well have depicted me (among others).

19. Research Analyst profile image77
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

Best film is Glory with Denzel Washington

1. curiozities profile image62
      curiozitiesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That was a very good one but if I'm not mistaken it's older than 10 years.

20. Anti-Valentine profile image94

We've all ready got American Beauty, American Gangster, and American History X.

How about American Psycho?

21. dipless profile image85

American Beauty but can't remember when it was produced! I love Kevin Spacey!

22. Anti-Valentine profile image94

L.A. Confidential.

working