What is your favourite Michael Jackson song?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 66 discussions (88 posts)
  1. footynut profile image60
    footynutposted 14 years ago

My personal favourite Michael Jackson song is Dirty Diana. What is yours?

1. sunshine rivers profile image61
      sunshine riversposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Man In The Mirror is my all time favorite......the lyrics speak to taking accountability for our actions, what we create, and how to make a better world for all mankind. I believe life begins and ends with our decisions. Until we have become a perfect being, then who are we to judge others. This song asked all of us to look in the MIRROR at ourselves!!!!!! How many of us take a personal inventory of our actions? Those who live in glass houses ought not throw the first stone.........smile.

2. alekhouse profile image71
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Favorite Michael Jackson song is Billy Jean

3. ngureco profile image80
      ngurecoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't Stop....Till U Get Enough.

4. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Billie Jean is definitely my favorite.

5. profile image54
      Diva17sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my fave Michael jackson song is The way you make me feel and  your not alone

2. Drew Breezzy profile image62
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

beat it!

3. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Not that I was particularly a fan, but one I particularly liked was "Man in the Mirror" (if that's the right title, but you must know it)

4. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Billie Jean.

But also, Beat it, Dirty Diana, Leave me Alone

5. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

I like a lot of his songs but the mood i am in today i would have to say
    BEAT IT

6. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

That's easy, "Smooth Criminal"!
    Eddie are you okay, are you okay? Are you okay, Eddie?

1. Anti-Valentine profile image75
      Anti-Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Annie are you okay, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie? roll

What about Thriller? Too overrated?

1. goldentoad profile image59
        goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep.

2. killthegirls profile image61
        killthegirlsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hell no, Thriller ain't overrated!  Thriller is the sh@t!  It's a Halloween staple, yet funky enough to rock all year long.  And the video is still, to this date, the most incredible music video ever made.

2. profile image0
      jacobt2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha...its Annie, are you ok? but it does sound like Eddie

7. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

Either Beat It or Billie Jean.  Can't decide. smile

8. goldentoad profile image59
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

I like his stuff from Off the Wall, but really nothing after that. Even as a kid, I really didn't think much of thriller even though everyone had it and played it 24/7.

9. profile image0

golden toad, dont bother listening to him we dont care

I dont. I heard every song a million times already. If I never heard them again, I would hear them in my mind until the day I die.

10. profile image0

that might not be too far away young man.....

I've done my best to skip out on old age but it looks like no matter what, I am here to stay and suffer from listening to too much Michael Jackson music.

11. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

You Are Not Alone...beautiful song!

I disagree sounds like a stalker song. After little boys?

1. Anti-Valentine profile image75
        Anti-Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now who does that remind you of? hmm

12. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

The Way You Make Me Feel -- Love it. Good memories! And this video is really interesting. Michael is still cute at this stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrUa-zKeIc

13. stacies29 profile image72
    stacies29posted 14 years ago

Smooth Criminal

14. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Stranger In Moscow and Earth Song, best videos too. Surreal.

15. goldentoad profile image59
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

I don't have a single friend that has a Michael Jackson CD or downloaded songs. If they do, they keep it a secret.

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ROFL GT

2. sunshine rivers profile image61
      sunshine riversposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MJJ's songs are and have been broadcasted via radio!!!!!!! So you don't have a favorite, no big deal.........LOL

16. spiderpam profile image75
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

"Beat It" and "You Rock my World" great videos

17. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I like the old stuff from the Jackson 5 days...and the Wall album. "I'll be there..." is one song that comes to mind if that's the right title.

18. getpaidtopost profile image40
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

man in the mirror and Billie Jean. They both sound excellent on a good music system. still can not believe he has gone.

Tomorrow we see Micheal Jackson's dead face on the front page of the newspapers. this is in the UK. I wish the tabloids would just fcuk off and leave him alone. They are sick people who run the newspapers and even sicker are the people who pay money for them.

19. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I agree the media...and even worse the tabloids go way to far.In every area...they do not have the interest of the people they report on...at heart...ever. No respect for the sanctity of life. No class...only looking for dirt..all the time.

Oh this forum is about songs we liked...Still liking those old Jackson 5 songs: "The Love You Save" and "Never Can Say Goodbye"

20. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

Smooth Criminal is mine, Dirty Diana my husband's, and Thriller my daughter's. I am getting rather sick of Thriller. I was never that crazy about it to begin with, and listening to it 683828278376287 times since he died isn't helping. tongue

21. profile image0
    jacobt2posted 14 years ago

Thriller and Man in the Mirror are really close. Of course, Thriller has the best music video. Check out my hub on his top songs and videos. He is a crazy good dancer!

22. PerfumeFan profile image60
    PerfumeFanposted 14 years ago

Wanna get started somethin!

23. RTaveras profile image61
    RTaverasposted 14 years ago

Its hard to say which one is my favorite it all depends in the mood im in ,but i kind of like "human nature" when i'm just home thinking ,but i found this social network that has a new radio station that has all these great songs plus more and his music video's check out my blog for more..

24. Hardy23 profile image61
    Hardy23posted 14 years ago

There are too many songs of Michael Jackson's that i generally listen. But mostly i like to listen these two songs Thriller and Dangerous.

25. Aya Katz profile image83
    Aya Katzposted 14 years ago

Ben.

26. frankiectlus profile image60
    frankiectlusposted 14 years ago

The Thriller video is always a classic.

27. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

Probably Billie Jean.

28. olga88 profile image59
    olga88posted 14 years ago

I like a lot of songs from MJ, such as beat it, man in the mirror of course, Billie Jean, The way you make me feel, and others.

29. profile image50
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

"Ben", it so captured the little boy that Jacko was right up until he died.

30. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

"Man in the mirror" was good. I watched the news yesterday and heard the woman who wrote that song. Her version was really great. Too bad they don't play it on the radio now.....

31. Fiction Teller profile image59
    Fiction Tellerposted 14 years ago

Does "Eat It" by Weird Al Yankovic count?

32. myra636 profile image61
    myra636posted 14 years ago

Ben is one of his best to me I remember it from the movie even.

33. cjcarter profile image72
    cjcarterposted 14 years ago

Smooth Criminal...no question.

34. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

None.  Never have been a fan of Michael's music, not being a pop fan in the first place--more Johnny Cash.  The dude could dance, though.

35. chandanakumarct profile image60
    chandanakumarctposted 14 years ago

Beat it and Thriller.

36. LIZA123 profile image59
    LIZA123posted 14 years ago

thriller is my favourite

37. footynut profile image60
    footynutposted 14 years ago

It's amazing how many different songs have been mentioned. I think the fact that Michael Jackson has so many well known songs highlights what a talent he was. He will be sorely missed.

38. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Human Nature and Man in the Mirror.  Hard to say which one I like more.

1. Inspiration101 profile image60
      Inspiration101posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Spot on. I can't choose between them either.

39. carolegalassi profile image61
    carolegalassiposted 14 years ago

I love Billie Jean and his classic performance at the BET awards. No one can move like that, many have copied but he is the best!

I also love his oldie, I'll Be There.

40. profile image0
    raphnexxposted 14 years ago

I love "beat it" by Michael Jackson.He is truly a great loss in the the music industry.

41. my-success-guru profile image56
    my-success-guruposted 14 years ago

I don't know but when I read this the first words that came to my mind were I'm bad I'm bad you know it! smile

42. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

THRILLER and IM BAD.
    Because im really really Bad cool
    So WHOSE BAD here?

43. James S. Thornton profile image61
    James S. Thorntonposted 14 years ago

Liberian Girl.

Closely followed by Dirty Diana and Smooth Criminal.

44. StanTheCreditMan profile image60
    StanTheCreditManposted 14 years ago

Dirty Diana for me thanks, quality song. I was watching the live version on youtube and all the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. It doesn't get the credit it deserves in my opinion.

45. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

WILL YOU BE THERE
    BEAT IT
    BAD.

46. profile image50
    eem2004posted 14 years ago

The thriller video would have to be my favorite

Micheal Jackson News

47. lokoyizone profile image67
    lokoyizoneposted 14 years ago

"Earth Song",very powerful lyrics

48. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

Tough question....I like too many of his songs.

49. elainevc profile image60
    elainevcposted 14 years ago

Billie Jean smile

50. killthegirls profile image61
    killthegirlsposted 14 years ago

That's like asking someone, "which one of your children is your favorite?"  That is the unanswerable question.  I don't even think Jesus Christ himself could answer that truthfully.  If I were forced at gunpoint to pick, it would either be 'Rock with You' or 'Human Nature.' Those two songs flip-flop the number one ranking on my top ten MJ list, with their respective positions being dependent solely on the fluctuations of the surface temperature on the planet Venus!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)