jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (25 posts)

The Green Latern

1. spiderpam profile image60
    spiderpamposted 7 years ago

As a huge fan of comic book films, I was excited to hear about the casting of The Green Lantern. Apparently it's down to four Ryan Reynolds, Jared Leto, Justin Timberlake and Bradley Cooper. Who you think will be the best for the part and more importantly what do you think of the casting so far in comic book movies in general?

2. spiderpam profile image60

oops Lantern is misspelled in title smile

3. spiderpam profile image60

I'm rooting for Ryan first and Jared second.
    I believe Angela Bassett would have made a better Storm in X-Men.

1. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But not nearly as hot.

spiderpamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That maybe true, but I'm going by talent. Look at Angela Bassett arms when she played Tina Turner and then look at the comic or the cartoon of Storm, they're almost identical. She was the pure talent choice, and Halle was the pretty choice. She did okay, but I know Angela would've been bettter. smile

You are clearly not a man.

2. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

wink  I agree.  And actually--just the truth--Angela Bassett is a truly beautiful woman.  Halle Berry is just 'pretty.'

4. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

I wasn't happy with the Green Lantern news. Actually I hoped they would forget it, till I stepped in and got the directorial job. Lol. I think the nominees for the roles are Terrible. They should look at the Comics before they select people. But no, they know everything!

5. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Halle Berry might be hot and all. But when it comes to acting, I mean real acting (forget Oscars), Berry doesnt event touch Bassett with a 20 feet pole.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yawn..I'm still up.

I really think Angela Bassett is beautiful...  If I were a guy, and I think so to would the guys I know, I'd pick her...really.  She's got that blazing, dignity-beautiful thing you see in some (is this racist, lol?, hope not) black people...Samuel L. Jackson has that, only he's not really traditionally attractive.  Sidney Portier had it, AND he's physically attractive.

Plus, Angela Bassett has a 'strong woman' quality, she doesn't age, and is athletic and toned. Oh, and she can act and has that cool voice.

1. fierycj profile image84
        fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would pick Bassett, too. Only cos I think Berry's too phony. Bassett is hardcore, as real as they come. I dig that shit in a lady.

2. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 7 years ago in reply to this

UHHHHH I cant read any more...you said Samuel L jackson. Have you seen black Snake Moan? Oh My God.....
        Sorry, Pam. about the green lantern, I guess there should be more to choose from. But based on what there is, I would say Justin only becasue he has surprised me latley in a few of his roles. he knows how to laugh at himself, wich seems rare in the pop music world, and i think is important in comics. have you seen the spirit?

My husband an I saw about 15 min and walked out. Cool graphics, Horrible acting weak storyline.

2. tksensei profile image59

Which one of these two actresses has won an Oscar?

1. fierycj profile image84
        fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Berry. But like I said. That doesnt count. Berry has just had more stronger not to mention hyped-up roles.

........................................   roll

1. SweetiePie profile image84
            SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you two just have different opinions.  Everyone has their own favorite actors, right?

3. spiderpam profile image60

I agree smile

4. tksensei profile image59

Yeah forget awards for...um...acting...

...wait a minute...

6. aniketgore profile image68
    aniketgoreposted 7 years ago

Green Lantern. Wow  i will wait for this movie.

7. spiderpam profile image60

Was Tobey the best choice for Spiderman?

8. seemorebangkok profile image60
    seemorebangkokposted 7 years ago

I think Bradley Cooper is the best option. Ryan Reynolds is good too but I read he's doing a movie spin off on Dead Pool, the character he played in X-Men Wolverine.

9. Mrvoodoo profile image61
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

I didn't really like Cristian Bale as Batman, I rate him as an actor, loved American Psycho, Equilibrium and The Machinist, just didn't like him as Batman.

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 7 years ago in reply to this

OK. Havent seen equlibirium. Loved psycho, and Machinist, but ...the guy NEVER SHUTS HIS MOUTH!!!!!!!

2. spiderpam profile image60

For me he took Batman out of the comic and made him "real". He is amazing! Besides Batman, I loved him in Newsies!

working