jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (26 posts)

Hello! I'm new too

1. 0
    muzikchikeeposted 7 years ago

Hi there,
    I'm Chris. Just cruising around the forums to say "hi" to peoples. I'm big into films and I'm an aspiring screenwriter.

What are your favorite films?

My top two are :
    Spinal Tap

I know, completely different styles and genres but they are the best of both worlds. One drama, one comedy. Love 'em.

Nice to meet you all,

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My top two if I honestly had to choose are ...

The Diary Of A Mad Black Woman
      Mamma Mia!

2. quicksand profile image84
      quicksandposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Greetings and welcome to HP! smile

3. krazy4mobile profile image57
      krazy4mobileposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nice to meet you too

<no links or signatures in the forum please>

1. krazy4mobile profile image57
        krazy4mobileposted 7 years ago in reply to this

nice hollywood girls wallpapers & beautifull girls wallpapers available here check it out

4. mcacreate profile image59
      mcacreateposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Chris. My name is Marty. I'm very new here too and am actually having problems. Anyway, I also enjoy movies, although I don't go much to theaters too much. I like watching them on my laptop. My favorite movie is "Mamma mia." I love ABBA music and it really is a great story with some greate performances. almost tied with that is "Ghost." That is a great movie because it has comedy, drama, romance and suspense all in one movie.

I'm big into music. My favorite groups are Emerson, Lake @ Palmer, Yes, Kiss and ELO. And same here, Yes and Kiss are completly differant types of music. It depends what I'm in the mod for. Some days, I'm in mood for heavy metal like Kiss, Aerosmith etc and sometimes I'm in the mood for progressive rock
      like Yes or Emerson Lake @ Palmer.

Nice to meet you too.

2. Montana Farm Girl profile image60
    Montana Farm Girlposted 7 years ago

Pulp Fiction

(I have a third, can I add that??? "BABE"...afterall, I do own a little farm, and our pigs name is Babe :-)

1. RooBee profile image85
      RooBeeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

All killer flicks, Montana Farm Girl!! (Babe included) big_smile

3. kmackey32 profile image80
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Hi.... WELCOME my friend.. smile

4. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

Hi there!!!

5. RooBee profile image85
    RooBeeposted 7 years ago

Hello and welcome! HubPages is a great place for writers, and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have so far.
    Great selections on the films. As for mine, hmmmm..so hard to choose..I love so many from so many different genres.
    American Beauty is a favorite of mine, as is Forrest Gump. For offbeat flicks, I really liked Being John Malkovich and Donnie Darko.
    I already checked out your hub about writing a movie and it's great, really!! Going to get some more of your hubbage right now.....*whooshes off to muzikchikee's page*

6. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

Welcome to Hub Pages. I am sure you will meet some great folks here. wink

7. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

Nice to meet you !

8. 0
    L.A. Screenwriterposted 7 years ago

greeting and salutations!  some cool cats here on the hub.  look around, stay a while.  wanna talk screenwriting?  i'm here for ya.

1. Megavitamin profile image87
      Megavitaminposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Are you a fan of the movie, "Heathers" by chance?

9. 0
    mtsi1098posted 7 years ago

welcome aboard...

The Matrix and Underworld (series)

10. 0
    L.A. Screenwriterposted 7 years ago

hello! i'm kinda new here too.  lots of good people on these hubs.  think i'll stick around.  hope you will too. - s

11. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HP! You need to find fierycj. He's an aspiring movie producer/director.

12. Megavitamin profile image87
    Megavitaminposted 7 years ago

It's almost impossible to pick one (or even two) favorite films, but I'd say "The Shining" and any of the John Hughes movies are mine.

13. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Hi! Welcome to the Hubs! Are you bi-sexual? Lindsey Lohan is.

14. Laura du Toit profile image92
    Laura du Toitposted 7 years ago

Hi Chris

Welcome to Hubpages. Have not been around too long myself but am really enjoying it.

Hope you stay around and join us often in the forums.

15. Fresh_Flower profile image60
    Fresh_Flowerposted 7 years ago

Hi! My two favorite movies would be Man on the Moon and American Psycho

16. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

Hello and welcome to HubPages! Too many favourite films to put them all down!

17. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Welcome to hubpages, Chris. Hope you have a great time here with us hubbers and totally cool to meet a screenwriter. I myself am a fiction writer. Hope we can chat about writing some times. smile
    And like CM I have too many favorite films to put down but for you I will put down my all time favorite Newsies. big_smile

18. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago

Hi Chris! I see at least one movie every week and this past week we saw 2! I have to say, very, very few movies make a lasting impression on me... I can only remember the title of one of the movies this weekend, Couples Retreat. One movie that I thought was excellent in recent years was "Slumdog Millionaire".

Frankly I think Hollywood just cranks out too many movies and they're all based on the same formula. They seem to be more about garnering a return on investment than making any statement or attempting to be a lasting credit to the art.

19. Jordan1990 profile image59
    Jordan1990posted 7 years ago

Hello. I am new around here. Been a member for oooh about an hour!!
    Favorite films would be Sex and the City, Pulp Fiction and Dirty Dancing smile