jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Quentin Tarantino/Inglourious Basterds - Criticize...

1. fierycj profile image83
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Personally Q is my man, I even made a hub dedicated to his movies and style. I think he's one of the few last standing directors in Hollywood who haven't sold their souls to the Devil of phony, corny art. The man has balls, and best of all he knows no convention. His attitude is more like to hell with the reviews and the critics, I'mma still do what I do. I can go on and on, but I'll let anyone dig in now. Talk about your views on QT and his new movie Inglorious Basterds. But please, only comments with sense are welcome. If you know nothing about movies, or about QT, or about the genre or what not, please do not resort to mindless comments about what you do not know. You'll simply be ignored. Thanks a milli in advance.

1. 0
      mtsi1098posted 7 years ago in reply to this

no doubt QT is my favorite and I will go see IB this weekend

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Sorry have not seen it yet fiery, or even read any decent reviews. Being Tarantino it will be clever at least, and that usually keeps me happy. New situations and concepts, yeh that's great! smile

3. mcbean profile image84
    mcbeanposted 7 years ago

Off to see it in 2 days.
    Can't wait.
    Like Ernest says, you know it won't be the same tired old hollywood formula movie.
    Hit or miss they are always worth seeing

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So true! smile let us know what you thought of it, I will not see it for a week or so smile

4. fierycj profile image83
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

The movie opened at number this weekend. Knocking out District 9 and G.I. Joe. And grossing over $36M this weekend in the US Alone. Take that you critics! Lmao

5. brodie8288 profile image60
    brodie8288posted 7 years ago

Tarantino's way too under-rated by both his critics and fans alike. It seems everybody always expects a certain style from him, but he's always got a new and exciting view to his films. Inglourious Basterds was by far one of his best films, if not for the artsy style, then simply for the fact that the film was beautiful to WATCH (example: the first big wide shot of Lapetite and his fields).