jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

American Idol and Ellen DeGeneres

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

How do you feel about Ellen DeGeneres being a judge on American Idol?

The way I see it, she certainly can't be more useless than Paula Abdul was. Hopefully, she will be an improvement.

1. Catherine R profile image77
      Catherine Rposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know she was going to be.  A little bit hard to imagine her in the role but you're right shouldn't be hard to improve on Paula.

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
      GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Paula left a a big shoes for Ellen to fill in....

I love Paula, but lets see how Ellen will do well as days goes by.

Hi ma'm hehehe... smile

3. Kadmiels profile image72
      Kadmielsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

this past year is the last year i will watch american idol only becuase she is the judge.. i disagree with her on so many levels it ruins the fun of the show.. i ll just watch britians got talent instead smile

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I don't see the point of having four judges.

Randy is okay. Kara is brilliant. And Simon keeps it real.

All Paula did was add... well not much at all.

Ellen would only be there as comic relief. And I hope for goodness sake she doesn't get up and dance. I do in fact like Ellen, her wit and charm, but she can't dance for nuts.

3. judydianne profile image81
    judydianneposted 7 years ago

After all the bickering between Paula and Simon, Ellen's comedy should be a welcome relief! Did anyone see her as a judge on "So You Think You Can Dance?" She was great!

4. Rhianni32 profile image83
    Rhianni32posted 7 years ago

I was a little surprised at the pick because she doesn't have a connection that I am aware of to the music industry. Is she really an expert on singing and dance to be considered a judge?

She'll bring some comic relief for sure and will probably be an entertaining addition.

5. judydianne profile image81
    judydianneposted 7 years ago

She doesn't really have a connection with the music industry, but I think she just loves music!

6. torimari profile image79
    torimariposted 7 years ago

Being that at this point I don't take American Idol seriously at all I'll miss Paula. She was so kooky, but maybe that was something I shouldn't be laughing at because it what fueld her oddities is questionable. smile

Kara is annoying, but I love Ellen's humor. For some reason I think she'll get along well with Cowell. Yay?

7. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Even if she doesn't have ties to the music world, she'll be a great judge, hopefully she won't be bias from the very beginning in claiming who will win.  Also, she won't be mumbling on and on on "how wonderful you look" or drooling over the boys.

Randy is okay - he needs a new script.

Kara was to the point last year, but fell short proclaiming her favorites.

Simon is Simon, he keeps it real - as real as it can be for the show.

Ellen's comic relief was great on So You Think You Can Dance, but she did seem to look a bit uncomfortable up there on the judges panel.

I think they should judge the performance, but I feel in most part they are there to sway the votes for their favorites.  And they (the judges) lost last year.

8. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

I think Ellen will do good on the show. Ellen knows the hollywood/fame/media industry. This is a part of what the contestants go through. Paula was part of helping the contestants according to some of them.
    Ellen will be good to relax (with her comedy) each contestant and maybe give advice on how they should handle all the "hoopla" surrounding the show.
    I know this is to be a show about the singing,(cough, cough) but there is more to it than just being a great singer. There is the marketability of the person as well to the record producers.
    How will the person handle the sudden fame? I know Simon has said in an interview that the show wants to take more responsibility to "help" the person with this. He does not want to see what happen to Susan Boyle happen to others.

9. 0
    mtsi1098posted 7 years ago

I am not sure Ellen is a good musical or talent match here.  She is certainly a funny comedian but I have never heard her sing...

10. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

I'm a big fan of Ellen, REALLY, but I find this just plain weird.  I thought she was awkward for the most part on Dance, just short of Robin Williams disruptive at times. 

Randy, whatever Dawg.

Funny, Kara made me like Paula more. For some reason, Kara does not come off sincere to me. Kara and Randy have merged into one opinion a lot.   

Most of the time Simon was the only judge that had anything to say that I wanted to hear.  Everyone else sounded like blah blah blah blah.

11. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Why did Paula quit?

And I think it'll be more intersting with Ellen as a judge...I like her!