jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

For Fun...or for thought purposes: Contemplate the "Bug" ?

1. manlypoetryman profile image73
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

Which is a worse fate for a bug...to go through life stuck on the inside of a window...working and trying his best to get through the glass that is in his way...with his rather short time that he spends overall on the planet...anyways?

Or...

To fly freely about in the world...and maybe even head-on into oncoming traffic ie. A Mack Truck? (and thereby leaving a lasting impression ie. goop!)

Who is the better bug? And...If a bug had some inclination that something lies ahead for him...which bug would be the one that puts his faith (or hope) into something more that lies ahead?

HHHHMMM....Something Different to Contemplate. (If you can step out of your cocoon...for a moment!!!) Hope the topic does not "bug" anyone...Anyone care to add?

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Umm, first thing coming to mind about bugs is Linux lol

1. 0
      A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What's the last thing that goes through the bugs mind when it hits the windshield?

His A$$

3. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 7 years ago

hmmmm...this is DEEP! smile Just to "dip my toe in" so to speak I think it depends on the will of THE bug !  On one hand you have a bug that could learn much value and wisdom in it's pursuit to find an opening to reach the great outdoors...

Then you have a bug with the world open to it, able to enjoy all the fond pleasures of a natural bug life (with of course many variables to uncertain curtailment) such as bug zappers, windshields, etc.   

I'm thinking on this and look forward to discussion! smile

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I would rather be the one who was free. Maybe you die prematurely but at least you get to live life. Not be stuck in a window, possibly alone, looking at the world outside but not be able to participate in it.

5. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

The poor bug stuck on the inside (or outside) of a glass has a pathetic existence. I picture him in some Sartre or Doestoyevesky novel. LOL.
    Futile, futile, futile.

The free-flying bug at least gets to see the world. I would much rather be that bug.

But, allow me to introduce some other variables into the discussion.

What if you were not a flying bug at all, but (for sake of argument) an ANT? Which would be your greater joy in life?
    a) marching in line with the army of your peers, digging colonies in the dirt and basically following out ant orders?
    or
    b) breaking away from the anthill and invading some human's picnic, making off with a chunk of bread 20x your weight -- and quite possibly, if you were really lucky that day, getting to bite some unsuspecting picnic dude on the butt?

6. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I think I would hate to be the bug that lands in the teeth of a Hell's Angels rider. Nicer to be the bumblebee that lands in his beard.LOL

7. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

LOLZ lol

8. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

A Texan -- Groan! Good one!
    Must hurt extra if he's got a stinger on the back of it, eh?

1. 0
      A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Groan? MM, I had to think a while to get that one

9. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 7 years ago

Well, I have roamed as the free bug, dodging the bug zappers and wind screens myself. Actually, have grazed some teeth and zappers... Life is beautiful beyond the glass! smile

10. SoftCornHippo profile image61
    SoftCornHippoposted 7 years ago

yuck. Dude, truly, if bugs gotta have will and courage and all that good stuff, well, I'm gonna get bugged outta my skull!  We already gotta think all a time bout the poor deer, ducks, tigers, mountain lions, cows, dogs, cats, and anything with a face that vaguely resemples ours!  So now BUGS! I am so SURE! But I've ridden thro some rough country summer nights with em splattin left, right, and center - so double yuck!

1. manlypoetryman profile image73
      manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Naah...don't worry about going soft on the little buggies...
      http://www.lynchs.com/images/71.jpg

It's still open season on them...this is more like just being philsophical for a moment...and releasing your inner-bug. Try to be one with the fly...and see things through his perspective!

http://loscuatroojos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/fly-eyes.jpg

working