jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Has Anyone Else Been to the Oprah Show?

1. Cheeky Chick profile image60
    Cheeky Chickposted 7 years ago

I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Oprah show six years ago.  I felt like Charlie when he opened the Willy Wonka Bar and found the elusive golden ticket inside!  It was the experience of a lifetime.  Does anyone else have a story about how they got to the Oprah show?

2. ScarletRyan1970 profile image60
    ScarletRyan1970posted 7 years ago

Hello,

The Oprah Show. I am afraid i live to far away to go see

Oprah. Is that how you get a ticket.You just buy a bar of

Chocolate.What is she like in person?

Just curious.

Kindest regards

ScarletRyan 1970

Cheeky Chickposted 7 years ago in reply to this
      1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not to be rude and change the direction alittle, we were on the Letterman show and Donald Trump was the guest. Very cool!

3. Sophia Heresford profile image82
    Sophia Heresfordposted 7 years ago

Oh! I would like to go.

Please do tell about your experience.

Sophia

Sophia, you should do it!  It was the best!  Maybe I'll write a hub about the whole experience.  I do have one written on how I got tickets, so check it out if you decide to see Oprah.

The day I went, we waited outside Harpo Studios until the doors opened, we went through security and gathered in a waiting room.  We filled out some paperwork and were given the rules.  There were giant pictures on the walls of Oprah and many of her celebrity guests.

Once we were seated in the studio, a producer came out and told us we each had a copy of Oprah's Book Club selection under our seats.  We were asked to practice our surprised, enthusiastic reactions.  Mine was so Oscar-worthy that I got on camera during this part of the show's actual taping.  The producer finished warming us up, and then Oprah made her grand entrance.  There was no need for acting at this point.  I was so excited I could barely contain myself.  Oprah was larger than life. 

I've just convinced myself that I will write a hub on this.  Thanks!  You've already given me a good start.

Warmly,

Cheeky Chick

I just finished my hub about going to the Oprah Show.  It's called The Big O.  Check it out!

4. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 7 years ago

I have never been to the Oprah show. . .does it count that I was lucky enough to dance along at the Ellen show?

Im going to go check your hub out Cheeky. . cant wait to read all the great details of your time there . .

Wavegirl - Yes it absolutely counts!  I love it!  Have you written a hub about your experience on Ellen?  I'd love to hear all about it. 

I haven't written in detail about my actual experience on the Oprah Show, just the process I went through to get the tickets.  Stay tuned, I'm going to write a hub about the taping of the show experience soon.

Thanks for your post.

Cheeky

5. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Lucky you, I would love to go! smile

working