jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I need a collaborator/playwright

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

I have no idea where to post this, so I'll start here, methinks.

I like this community so I'm putting this out here first to see what the possibilities are.

I have three scripts for stage musicals in various stages of progress, all of which I'm permanently laying aside because of one overwhelming, consistent problem: The script writers are overprotective of their work. Even after readings and limited blocking on stage, they insist they're right, and no director or producer is buying into it. These projects are dead. It's time to cut losses and walk away and find a collaborator who is serious about getting produced and staged.

This is a huge writing community. I would like to find an experienced, good playwright I can team up with to write a great show like "Hairspray", "Drowsy Chaperone", or "Lion King" or any one of a thousand other ideas and topics.

If you have experience with writing stage musical scripts and getting produced on stage, and would consider a dialog with me, please hit my contact button in my profile and let's chat about possibilities.

My background: I have a lot of music in print, and have had a stage musical produced several years ago. I want to do much more. I write in lots of styles and write lyrics. I can provide samples.

2. Doom Jr6 profile image59
    Doom Jr6posted 6 years ago

how about doing one of tolkians book like the hobbit, fellowship of the ring, two towers and return of the king.

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image88
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

Sounds like fun...well sorta...(grinning) good luck! I hope you find the person you're needing...

4. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

well, i wrote a comedy screenplay. Gone With The Wind in Southpark, in which the South Park cast does their own version of Gone With The Wind. Cartman plays Mammy big_smile

it's pretty funny, actually...

5. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

I'd love to do theatrical spoof of "Camp of the Saints"....as a musical I think that would be amazing....I just wish more people knew the story...

Happy hunting....

6. wsp2469 profile image59
    wsp2469posted 6 years ago

I have some ideas regarding Christmas if that is anything you're be interested in talking about. . . plus something like an updated Jesus Christ Superstar or Godspell is something I have also been thinking a lot about. . .

7. Doom Jr6 profile image59
    Doom Jr6posted 6 years ago

are dosomething no one cares about in fellowship of the rings do the tom bandils are whatever hes name is for your thing!

8. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

I have just published my first play on Hubs - see what you think smile