jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

New Shows on Hulu

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

I don't watch much tv, but I've seen some new shows on Hulu this year. I think it's pretty good for watching an episode of a new show and seeing if you like it since you can select and play as much of a show as you like.  If you don't like one, you can move to another.

I bounced around a bit, but I watched full episodes of Glee and Cougar Town.  Thumbs sideways on Glee, but I liked Cougar Town.  Although, I keep thinking of friends when I see Courtney Cox.

What to do you think of Hulu for tasting new shows?

2. Aqua profile image79
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

I never think to go to Hulu but I should check it out more often. Being able to watch the shows without the commercials is reason enough to visit!

3. E. A. Wright profile image87
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

Hulu is great ... but don't think you won't see commercials!

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I agree. Glee is good - but not great. If I can't think of anything else to do and nothing else is on TV, it's worth a watch.

5. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I am addicted to Hulu. I pretty much watch all my TV on there, actually. I love how it is on demand and has VERY limited commercials. If they had a premium version with no commercials and more mainstream movies, I'd be the first to sign up!

6. 59
    JBeyerposted 7 years ago

Fancast.com is another site with lots of TV shows. ESPN360.com has a lot of live sports online but is not available with all Internet providers (I have Cox who just added it).

If you like the convenience of watching TV on your computer you should look into a TV tuner for your computer. You can watch live TV while you work or if you don't like commercials you can record shows and what them whenever and where ever you want.

7. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 7 years ago

I love Hulu. It's so nice to be able to watch episodes of my favorite shows online legally, yes with minimal commercials.

The only beef I have with them is really with the networks - I wish they'd have every episode of at least the first season of every show they have on the site - it makes it much easier to get hooked (or get others hooked) on a new show. Instead the networks put so many stupid restrictions on what Hulu can air - only the last five aired episodes, uploaded one week after they actually air on screen blah blah. The networks own the shows, so it's their prerogative, but it's like asking people to go to certain Sites That Shall Not Be Named, and that doesn't benefit anybody. The whole entertainment industry - tv, film, and music all - has a collective bee up its bonnet about copyright infringement, while its own outdated, draconian practices create the conditions that encourage it! Idiots.

Okay, rant over. smile