jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Michael Barrett a Sexist?

1. hubby7 profile image79
    hubby7posted 7 years ago

Michael Barrett, an insurance salesman, took nude pictures of Erin Andrews, who was named as the sexiest sportcaster by Playboy for years 2008 to 2009. Most importantly, he went so far as to post them on the Internet without her permission or knowledge. On top of that, he tried to sell them to TMZ. Question: Do you think what he did was sexist? For my part, I believe that it was both highly despicable and sexist! Not only did he violate her right to privacy, but equally important, he seems to have had no sense of guilt in doing what he did. Michael Barrett, for my part, should not only be charged--and rightfully so--with criminal stalking, but also with violating a woman's right to privacy. He should, in addition, be forced to pay her damages! If I were cruel--and I am not--I would also argue that Erin Andrews should be able to do the same thing to him as he did to her: Take his picture in the nude and post it all over the Internet for everybody to see. But as my mom would say:"Two wrongs don't make a right", so I would stop short of making that reccomendation. This is my point of view, what is your thinking on this matter?

2. shanekruger profile image61
    shanekrugerposted 6 years ago

3. bukan profile image61
    bukanposted 6 years ago

The Big Fool Michael Barrett.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago

Sexist, yes. But like you said 'criminal'. I think the fact that this is a crime is much more relevant.