jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Movie Reviews

1. Wonder_Woman profile image60
    Wonder_Womanposted 7 years ago

Please comment on the new movie in theaters. Whether its worth watching or not, pros vs cons, rate it, whateva ^_^

Recent movies I watched

Toy story 1 & 2 in 3D:
      Even though I have seen these movies I thought it was cool to check it out in 3D plus I haven’t seen the movie for years so it would still seem new to me. I  enjoyed it of course, but then my butt went numb and I started to shift from side to side.  By the second movie kids where becoming tired, squeamish, and frustrated. Plus… the 3D effect wasn’t THAT noticeable. I enjoyed it bc I adore the movies, but If I was a parent and brought my kids along id be tempted to leave by the 2nd movie bc of the kids.

Being obsessed with zombies I had to check this movie out. Woody Harrelson  kicks ass in this movie! It made me nostalgic, woody almost portrayed the same kick ass character in Natural born killers (which he was pretty hot in that movie as well). The movie wasn’t extremely scary, it was funny, entertaining, and produced well. I enjoyed the rules applied in the movie, such as you need to be physically fit to survive, double shot, and wearing seat belts, checking the back set, etc. I liked it bc some of us to imagine what we would do in a zombie apocalypse tend to invent rules, so it was pretty entertaining they tried this. If you like zombie movies then this movie is a must.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs:
      Extremely funny and cute, there are some lines I have memorized that make me laugh to myself. GREAT movie to watch in 3D, great kids movie

I also seen this movie that didn’t make it to theaters and went straight to DVD last week (I believe)

Its called Trick 'r Treat (2008)
        Directed by Michael Dougherty

I have to say I loved this movie. Its plot is threaded within 4 stories. It has to do with the myths and urban legends that deal with Halloween. The film is visually appealing with the variety of pumpkins, the parade for Halloween, and characters in play. Its one of those simple movies that don’t need a ton of animation, over acting, and a twisting story line that leaves you like you just watched a novella. Its purely enjoyable, the best Halloween movie I have seen in years. This is the type of movie youd watch when you crave a good Halloween movie and you have already watched nightmare on elm street, childs play, aliens, Jason, exorcist, pumpkin head, etc a hundred times.

2. theageofcake profile image77
        theageofcakeposted 6 years ago

Its awful quiet here - mind if I join?

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
        Generally, I think Pixar is the only mainstream American animation studio worth a damn.  But Cloudy held its own.  The script was funny, the animation well executed, and the voice cast was collectively strong.  Its no Up, but its certainly entertaining.

Where the Wild Things Are
        I like when a film about childhood refuses to condescend to its audience.  The script was great - its Freudian undercurrent and often unnerving incite into boyhood loneliness was a worthy elaboration on the source material.  Great effects.  Anybody can understand it, but its probably not for everyone.

1. 0
          Justine76posted 6 years ago

DO NOT go see couple retreat if your currently in a bad situation. movie is funny, but only if shit doesnt apply