jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

I Wanna Make A Movie...Who Knows Cameras?

1. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

I want a camera that's best for giving me crisp, fluorescent yellowish-brown images...I'm making a low-budget horror-flick, with a touch of realism, jerky images, and yet active with musical scores...who knows about cameras?

1. Ladybird33 profile image72
      Ladybird33posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry can't help you but welcome back fierycj, where have you been my friend?

2. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

For the yellowish-brown images you'll need to work on the lighting. Get ahold of the book Film Lighting by Kris Malkiewicz for an introduction into the art and science of lighting.

Get a second hand Canon XL1 or XL1s. It'll do the job. It's light and compact enough to easily move it around, but big enough that when people see you shooting it'll make you look like a serious player rather than a wanna be with a handicam. Steven Soderbergh shot Full Frontal with an XL1.

2. fierycj profile image84

So no one knows cameras, huh?

3. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

nope lol sorry I only take picutres with a Kodak digital camera...don't have a video camera yet sad
    Glad to see you back fiery missed ya!

4. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

Unless you have a lot of money to spend, I can recommend the Sony DCR-SR220.

I love mine. Good quality - maybe not good enough for your needs and the only real issue is that it is so light. A heavy tripod should fix that.

5. fierycj profile image84

Can I get the output I seek with that?

6. 0
    poetlorraineposted 7 years ago

know nothing about camera's know it is good to see you.  How you been, is it me that has been missing or you....

1. fierycj profile image84
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think its me...I've been kinda occupied...between running the business, and writing my screenplay, and the general grind...

7. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Hey Fierycj, check out this video http://www.youtube.com/user/daylyts2009#p/a  on youtube.  It's a trailer shot on a Canon HF100.  It's a high def camera that you can find for less than $600 US.  I'm sure it will give you what you are looking for in the camera.  You can find out more about it from Canon's site here

8. fierycj profile image84

Hi everyone. Hi Lady B...how you been? I've been here and there. Hope you're good.
    Livewithrichard - thanks for the link, I'll check that out.
    Darkside - thanks for the advice. I already plan on using lighting for my shots. I even plan on covering the light bulbs with colored glass, my little innovation. I'll check out the cam. If Solderbergh used it. It should do the trick. I love his imagery in Full Frontal.