jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

why are celebrities adored?

1. sainthommie profile image61
    sainthommieposted 7 years ago

this is a question o think most people must have thought or being thinking about for real..... i mean really. We should like to know why they are really adored and what it feels like to be a celebrity.

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Honestly I don't admire them there acting abilities are wonderful and Tyler Perry is not only a writer but a producer and actor who doesn't live Madea? I admire his creativity because he wears many hats. There are so many actors and actresses that truly are not that talented. smile I am a celebrity in my own right I am a nurse. smile

2. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I prefer to appreciate a Real Performing Artist, the tallent they have and use to provide entertainment. But not a Celib. they offer nothing. There is a difference I believe between a Celib, and a real artist. Some Celibs' are good performers, But adore one..?

No, not me.

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I think fewer people care about celebrities than those entertainment shows would have us believe.   smile

3. Jewels profile image81
    Jewelsposted 7 years ago

Celebrities are hyped up to be popular and someone to envy.  The whole parade is about being better than, being loved and adored.  It's all a bit silly when you think about it.

No worries if they have talent.  But when it's all about their lipstick - geez!

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I think some are popular for $$ reasons tongue like Brangelie baby ..good grief ...n others...like George Clooney n Don Cheadle (that his name?) tongue ... promote humanitarian aid, they did show , Darfur now, which may align with others in general population n get respect for something like that. Least I do anyways.

5. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 7 years ago

we adore them because we want to be like them=)