jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Will we ever see one day the old Lil' Wayne

1. michael1mars profile image61
    michael1marsposted 7 years ago

I'm wondering if he's ever gonna get back to the type of flow he had before Tha Carter 2.If he continued like that he would have been way better .The closest thing to that we've seen theses days was the I Can Feel My Face and also My Face Can't Be Felt album with Juelz Santana.Maybe he will return since he quit using sizzurp

1. repstrydiefly profile image76
      repstrydieflyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think his flow will get any better. He doesn't even write his own songs. He has a ghostwriter that writes his rhymes, then he memorizes them and takes it in the booth. He did have a nice flow back when he wasn't always just bragging about his money, cars, clothes, hoes, "daddy" who he always kisses, and being wasted off of his a$$. Lil Wayne is not real hip-hop anyways. He only has a couple of songs that actually come from the heart and talk about his childhood and how he wish it would change, but all his other stuff is garbage. Once he got into the mainstream his music just went downhill. If you want to hear real hip-hop:

Immortal Technique, Braille, Atmosphere, Black Thought, Eyedea, Sandpeople, Input, Insight, Collective Efforts, Classified, J. Cole, Angry Mic, Zion I, Hi-Tek, Jay Electronica, Cunninlynguists, Imaginations Treetrunk, Edgar Allen Floe, Nas, Apathy, Blue Scholars, D.I.T.C., O.C., Krumb Snatcha, Spectac, Y Society, Cormega, Big Pun, Edu Leedz, Project Lionheart, Anomaly, Promoe, Intel Agents, Etc.

I could really go On and On and On but I have to get back to what I was doing. Get on that underground shit man. I promise you won't be disappointed.

2. michael1mars profile image61
    michael1marsposted 7 years ago

Totally agree underground is where the real hip hop is an one day it will resurface.Hopefully in 2010.

1. Genycis profile image60
      Genycisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You and me both, trust.. still listening to kats that have lyrical flow like Kenn Starr, Kev Brown, or Skyzoo.. not, nor have I ever, been a big Lil Wayne fan at all though.. but it is what it is.  He was better back then than now.. but then, most were since everything's all commercial now.. I was glad that at least Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 was a good album, not commercially changed up.