How will you remember Michael Jackson?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 62 discussions (157 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

Since, Michael Jackson newest documentary is out about the late great artists departure.  I became quite curious to see how the world feels about his legacy.  Therefore, I'm launching this post to get feedback on your thoughts of Michael Jackson.  Do you guys feel he was just a misunderstood genius, alleged criminal, tabloid gossip, insane nut, or perhaps music legend.  Plus, be sure to check on my profile next week as i'll have a full film review on the documentary along with some of his famous music videos.

1. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who?

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

this forum is basically asking people what their thoughts were on the legendary king of pop, michael jackson.  your more than welcome to share your opinion openly.

2. profile image0
      Ken R. Abellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Do you guys feel he was just a misunderstood genius, alleged criminal, tabloid gossip, insane nut, or perhaps music legend."

He was all of the above.  An extremely talented/gifted individual who ultimately lived a tragic life. 

In the end he was a drug addicted millionaire recluse whose money or fame or celebrity connections could not prevent him from dying like a junkie clammering for his next fix.

The descent into the madness that engulfed him was reminicient of the downward spiral of Howard Hughes.

1. Friendlyword profile image60
        Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So when did he serve his sentence for his ALLEGED CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR? Perhaps, he was a music legend Right? The man was KING TUT GREAT!!!  While he was a drug addicted Junkie Clammering for his next fix; did he put out one or two albums? Did one or two concerts maybe? Tell me what you and Howard Hughes had to endure besides boredom? But you know something...I actually heard of Howard Hughes, who are you?

1. The Grey Wolf profile image60
          The Grey Wolfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No wonder your avitar's a rabid dog... I said it politely before but the man truly was "Wacko Jacko". Sixty years ago he would have been locked away and sujected to shock therapy but in this day and age he is made into a public public spectacle. At least Howard Hughes managed to live out his final days in peace and dignity. The media is going to tear you beloved music ledgend apart until the next flavor of the month tabloid spoof comes out. Terrible, yes, but not unexpected due to the way he chose to live his live. Sorry friend, but it's Majority (C)rule.

3. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I too feel the same way.  I have kind of moved onto separating the man from his art.

As far as Hollywood and Madison Ave. selling us the "Emporers New Clothes" scenario,  I think they are unscrupulous immoral baboons.  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it aint a swan.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Probably as a person who left animals in his "zoo" in a terrible state, before allowing them to end up in roadside circuses, not to mention probably dabbling with children in a vastly inappropriate way.

1. Carmen Borthwick profile image60
        Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right on the money misty!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

Thanks Carmen, I do get fed up of people who choose to edit their memories and avoid commenting on what he actually "DID".

He was never convicted [as far as I recall] of being a pedophile, but I am convinced he was. I think it was a result of his own experiences in life and an abusive father if we believe what we read. To idolize him is wrong even if he had a great talent, which he did.

5. Friendlyword profile image60

It's time to close this forum.  It's getting way to disrespectful and creepy.

1. waynet profile image67
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh I'm sure he's looking on down at this forum post and loving the attention whilst drinking his jesus juice!!

1. profile image0

umm...whats jesus juice exactly?  i hope that means something like alcohol or some other drink like lemonade, orange juice, soda, milk, or something like that.  if not, i might have to report you for insulting me like that.  don't get me wrong, your more than welcome to share your thoughts and opinions here through friendly debate and conversations, but i won't tolerate mudslinging or slander in this forum.  and im sure the hubpages administrators will agree.

So....People can say the lowest, most disgusting things they want to say about Michael Jackson. Slander and mudslinging only count when it's directed at you?  Your little forum just got very interesting...

1. profile image0

lol.  look to be honest, i read every comment on this forum and i don't think what anyone here that was said about michael jackson was done in any distasteful manner or mudslinging.  everyone here has so far demonstrated valid arguements behind their thoughts of michael jackson.  so, im not going to condemn anyone for not liking the man.  however, if someone were to insult you or me in any way just because of our views, then thats where i draw the line as this forum isn't about me or you.  its about "how will you remember michael jackson?"  therefore, muddslinging shouldn't be tolerated when directed at other hubbers.

How is Micheal Jackson sitting in heaven drinking Jesus Juice(wine) and insult to you? How is it Mudslinging and all that other good stuff you were talking about?  What are you talking about? What did you think the guy said?

1. profile image0

oh sorry, i thought that comment was directed at me.  lol.  my bad.  i misread the guy's post.  for some reason, i thought he was talking about me.  my bad.  lol.

2. Friendlyword profile image60

Waynet! You thinking about doing something Sexuall to Stevie???

1. profile image0

hey hey, lets not get into any gay inuendo jokes here guys.  lol  j/k  remember, this forum is about how people feel about a music legend, so lets not deviate too much from it.  lol

Yes yes everybody!!! Stick to calling a innocent man a pedophile.  That's much more appropriate...You have a great forum here Stevie.

1. profile image0

dude, your getting mad at me for a simple misunderstanding?  i just said a minute ago that i misread waynet's comment and thought he was talking about me. are you always this vengeful to people for making little mistakes or misunderstandings?

Oh my...So sensitive. It seems to really matter what people say about you. Lighten up. My only problem with you is your blind spot concerning the MUDSLINGING AND SLANDER directed at Michael Jackson. So I aint mad at ya. I'm just a little confuse as to what is allowed on your forum.

1. profile image0

look buddy, i understand what your saying.  and for the record, i was never upset to begin with.  just really annoyed thats all.  however, you seem to be missing my point on why i wanted to start this forum. 

this forum wasn't just for people to praise and talk about how much they loved the man.  it was a forum specifically designed for people to share their numerous views on the man's legacy whether be favorable or not.  although, like you probably saw with me and mistyhorizon earlier, we didn't exactly agree on the man's legacy.  however, we were able to debate our views through an open friendly conversation without the use of mudslinging at each other like calling each other a moron, idiot or such.  we just discussed in a civilize way. thats what this forum is about man. 

now, i can understand where you think calling a man a pedophile is degrading to him, and i don't disagree.  however, that's not my fault that people are saying these things about him.  in fact, if you look throughout this forum, i've actually debated a couple of people, that thought he was a pedophile, on here about their views to try to challenge them into changing their thoughts about the man.  mistyhorizon being one of them.  however, i digress. 

like i told her, i don't hold it against her for having that opinion as i think everyone here has a right to share their views on the man's legacy being favorable or not.  however, if they took it too far like insult the man's family or say something like, "michael jackson was a f***ing pedophile, and i hope he rots in h***."  or something to that extent.  then yes, i would have to strongly consider shutting this forum down.  however, so far from reading everyone's input on the man's life, it seems like people are merely telling you what their views are and explanations why.  therefore, i see no harm in that.  anyway, im sorry if you think that seems unfair, but life rarely is. i hope i made myself clear about that.

2. Lissa Lynn profile image65
    Lissa Lynnposted 14 years ago

Well, I always used to think he was a musical genius. However, since all the scandal and stories that have come out over the years, honestly, I just think he was insane and possibly criminal.  I hear his name now and his music doesn't even come to mind, just all the insanity that's come out in the past about him.

1. profile image0

yeah to be honest, i used to feel exactly the same way about michael jackson.  When I was a kid, i loved his music.  in fact, growing up he was my favorite artist hands down.  however, after all the scandal and everything, i did lose some respect for him to be honest.

However, after talking to a few close friends, and thinking about a few things.  I honestly don't feel he was a alleged criminal anymore nor a alleged pedophile as tabloids made him out to be.  I think he was more along the lines of being a misunderstood genius and a music legend.  because regardless of anyone feels about the man, you can't deny the impact he's had on the world with his music. Even people in other countries have been touched by his music. 

Plus, even all the people who filed suits against him for alleged pedophilia and molestation said that they were hoax, and that it was merely fabricated after he died.

Thank you for a well thought out reply. People in other countries are not smarter than us. It's just that you never appreciate what you see every day. I live in New York. I walk past the Empire State Building and dont ever turn my head to look at it.  Never been to the Statue Of Liberty. Now I realize a terrible thing. Our Country had the Greatest Entertainer that ever lived right here all this time and never noticed it.  And some of us still dont know it. Pitiful.

1. profile image0

thanks to you too.  yeah i agree with you a 100 percent about what you just said.  i think its rather sad that like Elvis Presley, when he died, America didn't fully appreciate him until he was gone.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing the two men by any means.  I just think its  rather similar in a sense that when Elvis died, he had a severe obesity problem which caused him to lose a lot of popularity during the later part of his career. 

however, it wasn't until he died, that people started to remember him for the musical icon he truly was to society.  I fear the same thing is true about Michael Jackson.  Due to his various health issues, he became the victim of several tabloid scandals, that it caused society to forget how great he was.  now, like most artists, we don't appreciate or realize how lucky we are to have them until they're gone.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is quite sad that the media has impressed you more than his music and what he gave to the music industry. exploitation of fame does more harm to people than any drug. hmm

1. profile image0

yeah i think the problem is that the media tends to take things too far as far as exploitation goes.  sure, they believe all they're doing is reporting the news.  however, alot of times they do more harm than good.

3. profile image49
    CabinGirl.posted 14 years ago

" Plus, even all the people who filed suits against him for alleged pedophilia and molestation said that they were hoax, and that it was merely fabricated after he died"

I think we all know Jackson paid them off, something he actually admitted himself as he didn't want the adverse publicity. Money talks !

1. profile image0

hmmm...you might be right about that.  however, that still doesn't change or deminish the fact that his music redefined the industry, and has inspired so many of todays modern artists like Dr. Dre and such.

4. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

He should be rembered for his humanitarian efforts as much as his music, but sadly the press focused mainly on his physical appearance and his sometimes unorthodox behaviour.

1. bukan profile image61
      bukanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From my point of view he is a very kind and very lovable man resides in my soul with others soul also, but media makes that man every time to criticise, hate this bloody media they has no work to blame a celebrity just.

5. steffer profile image60
    stefferposted 14 years ago

I just think he went from a musical groundbreaker and super artist to a fruitcake.

The money and the publicity made him to someone who lost his pedals, someone who stood far away from the real life.

Although he was a smart man, he as a business man, needed to make money, and because of his money spending sprees he needed money fast, so the nut did some stupid things, came in the news, and sold some more records, so that on 1 side was smart, but at the other hand it also showed how far off he was.

he wasn't the king of pop anymore, he became a loony tune, and was quite proud of it. I mean, from a young succesfull goodlooking man, going to a friday the 13th character isn't that normal.

but as sannyasinman says, although he aften was far of the world, he did do a lot for humanity.

"I mean, from a young succesfull goodlooking man, going to a friday the 13th character isn't that normal".

The man had two Deadly and Painful diseases, the man WAS ON FIRE!. And like a real man does, he recovered, coped with his pain and rage the best he could. He made the best out of his life instead of surrendering to it, and he moved on. Walk a mile in someone's shoes before you put your own in your mouth please.

1. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome back wink
        I wonder (no, I know) if he had been public about his health conditions, it would have been better for him. The tabloids ripped him apart, saying he was bleaching his skin.
        Looking back that was shameful I think.

2. steffer profile image60
        stefferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What you say is true, but this is a forum and everybody is entitled to it's own opinion. he moved on because he had to, because of the depts he made, because of the weird things he did, although you are also correct, and he didn't really have a good life.

I'm sorry; you dont expect your opinion to be challenged? You called the Greatest Entertainer this WORLD ever had a friday the 13th character. You called the man Weird yet every stitch of cloths you wear were inspired by him. Others here on our forum called him a Child molester when all it took was the slightest little bit of research to find out none of this was true. You made a very callous statement about a man with kids. Jerry Lee Lewis was Weird, Roman Polanski is Weird, Woody Allen is Weird! Again; Michael Jackson was the Greatest Entertainer in the World..EVER! I felt you were trying to diminish him in some way. I had to call you on it.

1. tksensei profile image59
            tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

....  roll

Is that like "OBAMA RESCUED OUR NATION FROM CERTAIN DOOM!"?

...  roll

6. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I won't remember him, even in the early 1980's I was never a fan of his at all.

7. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I think Michael was a troubled soul.  I'm not going into all the weird stuff.  I know I will remember Michael for his danceable music.

8. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

I think Michael Jackson was just misunderstood. I believe he just wanted to be a kid, the true Peter Pan. Honestly, I think that may be his legacy. As odd as it sounds, the secret to immorality is to be a kid. Stay young, think young...stay fresh!

9. Sexy jonty profile image59
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

A man who gave the world music that goes beyond the borders , religions , caste , racism , love , betrayal , humanity  ......

a list continues ......

but he will not die even centuries to come ......

1. profile image0

couldn't have said it better myself.

10. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

I've already forgotten. Moving on...

11. profile image49
    oavantposted 14 years ago

Born to amuze
    to inspire to delight
    here one day
    gone one night...

Michael Joseph Jackson - we didn't know WHO you were.

You made me cry. I didn't even know his name.

12. The Grey Wolf profile image60
    The Grey Wolfposted 14 years ago

As far as I'm concerned he was just like every other genius in history. Piccasso heard voices, John Nash saw people who arent there, and I dare you to look at a Dali painting and tell me that man was sane. Insanity and genius go hand in hand. He had good music but he also couldn't control his demons. I defer to history to remember him as history sees fit. To me he is just a man, no more, no less.

13. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

MJ's music was part of my childhood and I will greatly miss him.  He was a lost soul that needed help and the media killed him.

14. Jery profile image60
    Jeryposted 14 years ago

As the great entertainer he was. Unfortunately that lifestyle is hard for a lot of people.

15. profile image0

RIP michael jackson

16. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

King of POP

17. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I grew up with his music, and still love it to this day. We will never really know whether there was any truth in his court cases. I think he was a little boy lost, and put too much faith into the wrong people. He had no one sane enough to guide him, and paid for it in the end. He was a genius, and his music speaks for him. I was so sad when I heard the news of his death, and he will be missed by many people.

18. retellect profile image71
    retellectposted 14 years ago

I'll remeber MJ with a big "Shamone!, heee heee!" big_smile

19. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I live close to the O2 Arena in London where the Michael Jackson Exhibition is being held - so will hopefully buy something there to remember him by.

In my heart, he'll be remembered as someone with extraordinary talent, who touched Millions of lives. smile

20. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

I will remember him as a sensitive human being who felt passionately for people and the world, but no one really got him! x

21. wittalum09 profile image58
    wittalum09posted 14 years ago

I'm in my early 20s, so I missed his heyday in the '80s.  I grew up seeing him on the tabloids, but now that he's gone I feel that the media cheated me, because I just now realize what a musical genius he was.  The media vilified him, when in reality he was just misunderstood.  I never knew what a great humanitarian he was, and hearing that about him makes me want to help others.

22. profile image0

now that michael jackson's newest documentary has been out for some time.  has anyone seen it?

1. profile image0
      Louidam1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just now watched it on the computer and I liked it!!  I can't believe how good he still is.  Very sad watching it knowing he is no longer with us.  With the title THIS IS IT...it truely is MJ's last.

23. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

My first memories of Michael Jackson was when i was 11 years old, getting on the bus when his single had made it to no1.... I'll Be There.   All and i mean all the girls at school just loved this little guy with a big voice...

He has never been able to live his life, as we would, he was supposed to have been a jehovah's witness, but i doubt that somehow.  His father was cruel, and he had problems with realtionships,... so what don't we all have problems of one kind or another.

He had lot's of issues for sure, but the people who knew him well loved him, and i love his work.... What more can i say

24. profile image0
    anigiaposted 14 years ago

For as long as I can remember, I've always liked his music and artistry, absolutely amazing performer. While surfing Youtube, I recently came across an interesting site and series of videos. http://www.besttributetomj.com  The first video they have, shows a documentary that was done when he was on trial in 2003. It reveals how Michael was set-up. Seeing it just made me angry to see what he had to endure and the false accusations against him. There’s another video worth watching, it’s a beautiful moving tribute poem called Don’t judge the cover. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EztUJRMlNiw

I do believe, he was his worst enemy at times, borderline gulable. I don't believe he was a child molester.

25. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

Rarely.

26. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

I would remember him as my one and only teenage celebrity crush.

27. profile image0

wow, i never realized how many different views people had on the guy before this post.  however, i just wanted to take time out and thank everyone here for posting thus far, and to the future posts too.

28. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

I feel sad about MJ. World lost a great musical talent, a man with a child's soul, naive, trustful, kind and different, really different. People who love his music will miss him forever. People who knew him personally, will miss him even more. It's hard to be diferent,even harder when you are rich - greedy people want your money. All that dirty publicity is nothing but that-shameless extortion. Publicity stunt.

29. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Who is Michael Jackson?

1. profile image0

are you serious?

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was he a basketball player?

He was a musician of some 'cough' minor fame. No one really of much import...

Really.

1. profile image0
            A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats what I thought

1. profile image0

actually i would have to disagree with that completely.  michael jackson was a highly popular pop singer back in the 80's and was one of the few musicians in the world that inspired and transcended race, religion and culture as he was popular world wide.  in fact, you should read my film review that should be out they this thursday about the movie as it'll have some of his hit songs for you to hear. 

michael jackson was named the king of pop for a reason, and he inspired several known musicians such as Dr Dre to name a few. however, due to health issues, he was made out to be a monster in the eyes of the media.  trust me, michael jackson was more than just a regular small celebrity.  he defined a generation.  heck i would put him up there with musicians such as elvis presley as thats how iconic he was during his prime in music.

Man, sarcasm is lost on some people.

30. profile image57
    C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

Several years ago he was on the cover of People/Inquirer/etc at the grocery check out ilse....I remember my Son pointing at his picture and asking "What is that Daddy?".  Thats sad...its the first thing I think of when I think of him. Did he help define modern pop music? Absolutely, however the scandle that followed him has overshadowed all of his achievements. Unfortunately he allowed this to happen. I believe he was a tortured soul who should now be allowed to rest in peace.

31. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

I'm showing my age but per the news at the time, MJ was screwed up as a kid by his family (more concerned about the fame than family guidance) so consequently it appears he became a screwed up adult. While his music brought joy to a lot, his life was a mess from an early age which is really sad.  I've tried hard to ignore all the news for, during and after his life.  (I do however find it ironic that here we are 25 odd years later and the same things are being said about him of today's generation that was said about Elvis when he died).  Give it up folks, there WILL be another "king".

32. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

Singer, songwriter, dancer and entertainer extraordinaire, but also a human being with deep love of humanity, and a profound concern for the planet we inhabit.

1. profile image0

well put

33. Tora Glory profile image59
    Tora Gloryposted 14 years ago

I will remember Michael Jackson as an amazing talent, who inspired me to perform Thriller with my best friend in 3rd grade in his living room for our parents.  He was an incredible performer, a talented singer, and a brilliant dancer.  I will always remember watching his best music videos, from Billie Jean to Black or White, and singing along with my sisters at the top of our lungs.

I also will remember that he was a troubled man with demons that he could never escape; a man that the world ridiculed and shunned just because they couldn't understand him.  But that's the price of fame.

Here's to you, Michael.  Rest in peace knowing that you are beloved the world over.

34. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Thriller.

Enough said.

~thranax~

Probably one of his best, I'm with you thranax

35. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

if there was a music that can unite the world, it would be his music=)

Unless you are an animal lover or love kids in which case he is in the same category as Gary Glitter! Unavoidably true I am afraid, and only his own fault that this is his epitaph.

1. topgunjager profile image60
        topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i understand perfectly well what he did, but you can't deny the fact that no matter where you play his music, people will appreciate it=)

I do agree his music was great, but I feel the same way about Gary Glitter's music. Imagine the reaction if in a club or party and you requested Gary Glitter's music, no matter how good it is, it is now taboo, and I reckon MJ's should be the same, no matter how good, only difference, he is dead, GG, is still alive sadly.

Maybe we should kill Gary Glitter so people will appreciate him more=) just kidding

Okay LOL, perhaps we should smile

36. profile image0

hi, hows it going guys?  i just wanted to tell you guys for anyone who saw my post on this forum, when i said I would have a full review of "This is it" up by wednesday, november 4, 2009.  i just wanted to apologize.  i've been so busy with school and work lately that i haven't had time to see the movie until tonite.  anyway, i just posted my official film review of it for those that care to read it.  i hope you all like it.  feel free to visit my profile to check it out.

37. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

However wink You cannot deny surely, that this statement "if there was a music that can unite the world, it would be his music"
    is not likely to happen based on his child abuse accusations. No-one will ever view him the same way again unfortunately.

that's why I said music, not his actions, try putting aside what he's done for a minute so you can see what I mean=)

I do see where you are coming from, but like Gary Glitter, you can't really separate the two once the stigma gets involved.

1. profile image0

wow, you make some valid arguements.  however, i think the more influential a celebrity is, unless they have like a thuggish attitude, the media will shape their image over time.  therefore, fifty years from now, the media is going to ignore all the scandal and portray and focus on michaels music whenever they talk about him.  and since the public is mostly too stupid to do research outside of what the media tells them, then they'll believe it.

Well let's see if we are alive, but Gary Glitter hasn't recovered yet!!! smile

1. profile image0

yeah, no offense, but gary glitter is not as big of an artist as michael jackson, thats another thing you have to remember.  michael defined a generation in the 80's and broke the beatle's record sales with his album thriller, for the most consecutive weeks at number 1 selling albums.  plus, he was known world wide.

2. topgunjager profile image60

yes you can separate the two, that's why people love him more now that he's gone because his music is so powerful that people can actually forget the things he's been accused of=)

38. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

His music is tainted by his actions.  As well as his family.  We all make choices, some good some bad.  He made lots of lousy ones.  We have to live with them and he did too.  But his last choice was dead wrong.  smile

Well summarised Logic smile

39. profile image0
    Jawa Lunkposted 14 years ago

I couldn't stand the guy, but his music was great.  I'll never forget PYT, Dance with you, etc...

Even though he was a freak, his music rocked.

40. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I´ll remember him most for his great songs!

41. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

You can call HIM/HER KING or QUEEN of POP!

1. profile image0

well he had a kid, so i think that makes him a he and king.  lol.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

even if he is a he or she, does it matter, i am just joking....I was fifteen when i first sung his/her song..I love the music...

1. profile image0

lol.  don't worry, i know.  its pretty funny.

42. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

A singing freak.

43. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Among other reasons, I will remember MJ by his questionable relationship with Bubbles the Chimp lol

1. profile image0

lol. oh good lord.  first pedophile tabloid rumors and now beastiality ones too?  lol  j/k

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

LOL, great comment, again, sadly he even dumped Bubbles when the chimp (as chimps do), became too hard to handle. Mind you, if you are right, then Bubbles must have been pretty relieved I should think wink

1. profile image0

lol.  you really hated the guy huh?

Well I wouldn't say I hated him, I actually quite liked some of his music, I just found there was something pretty "not right" about him, and I had little or no respect left for him when all the stuff about children, and his abandoned animals came out in the open, yet somehow I just wasn't surprised.

1. profile image0

to be honest, i used to feel exactly the same way as you about a year or so ago, but after talking to a few people before his death, i've come to realize he's not a pedophile the media made him out to be.  sure, he was eccentric and probably a-sexual more than anything.  he had a skin disease and was persecuted by the media on a daily basis.  not everyone can handle fame well, and it looks like michael didn't. i think if he had grown up just a regular guy like everyone else, then he would've been perceived as more normal than anything.  however, since his life was always under the spot light even as a kid, that puts a lot of pressure on someone especially when you have to deal with the media making up stuff about you all the time.

I do agree it might have been so different if he had grown up as a normal child and without a violent father as well. Still not convinced about the paedophile thing though, especially as a famous rock star (Sting or somebody, can't quite remember), said he didn't feel comfortable giving a verbal tribute to MJ after his death, because he had personally known the dentist who was father to one of the a children. He wouldn't say more than that for obvious reasons, but the inference was very clear. I also can't help wondering why MJ paid out so much money to the families to get the cases dropped, surely if you are innocent you have nothing to fear, and to pay up almost looks like an admission of guilt to me.!

Just my thoughts smile

1. profile image0

yeah, but even if that was the case in my opinion the parents would be just as guilty if not more so than michael jackson was.  because i remember reading about these alleged cases when the parents tried to take michael jackson to court, one of them said that michael would often pay them to spend time with their son on numerous occasions. my thoughts are if you suspect someone is a pedophile thats paying you millions to spend time with your kids, then most of the blame falls on the parents then. 

of course you can easily say, "well they probably didn't think he was or suspected it at the time."  well then my counter arguement to that is that wouldn't you find it strange for someone to pay you thousands or perhaps millions to spend time with your children without questions.  especially from a celebrity no less.  wouldn't that alone make you suspicious.  i know i would be. however, regardless of how you might feel about the man, that still doesn't change the fact that his music transcended race, cultures and boundaries and spoke true to what passion of music should be.

Well I guess we can speculate till we go blue in the face, but it is unlikely we will ever find out the truth for sure. I do see where you are coming from, and you offer a valid argument, but one that will always provoke opposite argument such as you used as an example, and as MJ came across as so innocent and naieve, the parents may well have thought he just wanted the companionship of other simple souls.

I am not knocking his music though at all, much of it I liked, but as the topic of the fourm was "How will you remember Michael Jackson?", I simply told the truth from my own perspective, which is naturally not going to be the same opinion as everyone elses. smile

1. profile image0

i know and i fully understand where your coming from.  plus, i agree with you fully we could debate this all day if we wanted.  lol  however, i was merely having a friendly conversation over the topic itself.  don't worry, i'm certainly not condemning you for your opinion as im glad you decided to share your opinion with us.

44. profile image0
    Adnan Habibposted 14 years ago

I don't think i have to try to remember him. There are billions around along with the media to make him remember.

45. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Starting trouble again Misty? wink

LOL, not at all Denn066, and what do you mean "Again" cheeky wink

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, wait! Again implies only a second time, right? lol

Just cos I threatened to show people your skid marked boxer shorts and hairy armpits!!

1. profile image0

Yeah, no big deal, really..lol

big_smile Not what I heard!!!!!

1. profile image0

Hey! All the good stuff, yes. All the bad, no... wink

That's a secret I shall take to my grave big_smile

1. profile image0

That way too long to wait! No fair!

46. profile image0

Especially when Cagsil is in the forum lol

47. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

fondly

48. redrock13 profile image60
    redrock13posted 14 years ago

he is a legendary performer. people need to let him rest in peace, regardless of all the rumors and problems. i remember him as what he is and always will be, the king of pop

49. marcofratelli profile image78
    marcofratelliposted 14 years ago

I've written a tribute hub some months ago about how I will remember Michael Jackson. Basically, he has influenced me in how I listen to and interpret music, in songwriting and in dance. That was the biggest thing for me. The other stuff was concerning though but no one really knows the truth as it is always distorted.

1. profile image0

yeah, i agree with you on that.  i think the media has a way of distorting things to be honest.  however, if you want, you should check out my hub i just wrote on the new documentary, "this is it", i put up several of his videos on there if you wanna check them out.  i hope you like them.

Great forum stevennix.

I wish I could have participated more. But I have already been banned once. I will say again, it is pitiful how people never appreciate what they have. People all over the world might have access to this forum. They will read what some people wrote here. I can only say to the world this hub attracts alot of people with a desire to show off or get attention, more than they want to join in a real conversation. Most of the people of this country realize what a great talent we had here in our country, and we loved him.

1. profile image0

wow, thanks.  i appreciate you saying that.  im glad you liked the forum, and your more than welcome to share your thoughts and opinions with us.  like i told mistyhorizon2003, this forum is mainly for people to have friendly debates over their views of michael jackson, whether it be good or bad.  therefore, you don't have to be affraid.  however, i do appreciate the participation you and all the other people have said thus far. 

as for closing down this forum, i'll probably wait until around the end of december to close it, since im kind of interested to see what more people are going to say about the guy.  hey,if you want, you should check out my movie review of "This is It" on my profile, it has several of his music videos if you wanna check it out.  hope you like it.

50. profile image0

Everyone always picks on that that they don't understand. Human nature. Eh, why question 3 1/2 million years of behavior.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)