jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How Would You Like a Classical Song To Be Rendered?

1. reymund profile image81
    reymundposted 6 years ago

Classical songs are interesting. And they really sounds better if they are performed well and create a great impression to you. How would you like a classical song to be rendered... by chorale singing or solo?

2. pioneer_writer5 profile image60
    pioneer_writer5posted 6 years ago

via a conducted orchestra

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed - a big, giant, powerful, orchestra.   smile

3. reymund profile image81
    reymundposted 6 years ago

what is your favorite chorale group?

4. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Oh I don't know, something like this:

5. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

It honestly depends on the classical song , some are meant to always remain the same and are unusually different when they are tampered with. smile

6. allpurposeguru profile image89
    allpurposeguruposted 6 years ago

I can still remember the disappointment years ago when I was feeling low and went out and bought a recording of Schubert songs. All of the piano parts had been arranged for orchestra.

Of course they should be performed well and create a great impression, but the composers knew what they were doing. Mahler wrote lots of songs with orchestral accompaniment. Doing them with piano loses something. Most composers wrote only songs with piano. Orchestrating them gains nothing.

There's always some kind of emotional content to a great classical song. The singer should convey that--even to audience members who don't know the language.

7. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

But still, the great composers also sometimes orchestrated their own works or works of other composers in different ways.  Think of "Pictures at an Exhibition," for example.

I agree with AEvans: it depends on the song or other work.  I think it also depends on the occasion and perhaps also on my own mood at the time.