Nicole Richie worried about motherhood?

1. CrystalSingleton profile image61
    CrystalSingletonposted 8 years ago

I recently read in some magazine that Nicole seemed very down but that it wasn't the typical Post-partum depression. In the magazine it was speculated that her idea of being a role model for her child was getting her down due to her past decisions. I doubt anyone who is a parent now or ever has ever thought about this. Having a past does not change who you can be in the future. In fact the best role models are the ones who have a past and can say "look how much I have changed and this is how I did it" There is nothing more motivating for an onlooker who can see that anything is possible. Especially those who go from one extreme to another. Although when Simple Life aired it was plain to see Paris would make a better mom any day. The fact of the matter is though that Nicole Richie is a mom and she has made a decision to do it right and change her lifestyle. For me personally my children forced upon me a lifestyle change as well. I am ever so thankful for it. Deep down inside you don't want to be a user or abuser. The fact is you are caught up in a lifestyle that seemed fun for a while but searching for a way out is not always possible. Not only are deeply involved with a group of people your body is deeply attached to whatever your vice is. Having a child for me was the best thing that could have happened to me. I now have 3 kids and have never looked back. I am thankful to GOD and grateful for my children who motivate me daily to stay sober and honest in everything I do. Losing my kids is not an option. I have made a choice to use my past as my future and let it motivate me to make positive changes in not only my life but to be that "ROLE MODEL" they deserve. If you are out there Nicole, I hope you read this. Don't be down on yourself. You made the better choice and are doing what many in Hollywood don't have the guts to do. Whatever you do stay strong and don't look back to your past for comfort. Instead use it as a reminder of what you don't ever want your kids to be. (not in a derogatory way). My past is an embarrassment but I am happy to feel that shamefulness to myself to encourage me from heading back down that path. Know too your children love you unconditionally and will not judge you. You don't want to lose something like that do you? Good Luck and God Bless you and your newfound family.