jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Our Satirical Lives

1. JaShinYa profile image60
    JaShinYaposted 7 years ago

Life can sometimes be crap, but how would we live if we didn't laugh about it?

I thought that this would be a fun convo where we all could share some stories that sucked at the time, but laugh at in retrospect. Or maybe share some things in life that just irritate us.

I have a series of hubs going on about such subjects. My first was about Road Rage and similar things. This thread should be fun, entertaining and help me think of things to write about if nothing particularly aggravating happened. :p

2. 0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

after thinking rather snotty things about someone, she asked me to carry her breakable stuff to the car. she was headed to college and i had been elected to help. well, after making a face at her back.....childish, i know....i fell down all 20 stairs...

3. Jonathan Janco profile image80
    Jonathan Jancoposted 7 years ago

Remember Justine, there are no accidents.

1. 0
      Justine76posted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol i never said it was.. karma kicks my ass every time!!

4. JaShinYa profile image60

As long as you're ok, I'm going to go ahead and laugh. Makes you wonder about karma sometimes. haha

1. 0
      Justine76posted 7 years ago in reply to this

you can laugh, i did, when the bleeding stopped. i had it coming,

5. Jonathan Janco profile image80
    Jonathan Jancoposted 7 years ago

I don't drive, but even I suffer from road rage!
    People in my state think STOP signs are an invitation to go faster.

6. JaShinYa profile image60

I'm sorry you bled.. Hopefully it wasn't on your good shirt.

I think that sometimes dyslexic people shouldn't drive. It's like some people drive up to a "Stop" sign but see "Slow" instead. And of course decide to take the right of way.
    Best thing is when people think it's fun to race yellow lights.

7. JaShinYa profile image60

Here's something that I find interesting.

My main job is working at a library. We recently purchased Self-Checkout Machines and now we have to train all of our patrons how to use them.

Now it's one thing to not understand it. I mean I personally find it self explanatory, but I realize not everyone is great with technology. Also, since it's part of my job, I have no problem teaching people. However, I find it amazing how when I take a child over there, they follow my directions and get it the first time. When I take a 40+ year old, they act like they have no brains.

This has nothing to do with a generation gap. This is how adults sometimes act more immature than children. They simply don't want to follow directions.

I serously had an older woman, listen to me plainly tell her to scan her barcode with the card facing TOWARDS the CEILING HORIZONTALLY and she takes her card and waves it frantically under the computer... This is on no way an exageration. And that's just one example.

working