jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Projecting singing voice

1. dingdong profile image61
    dingdongposted 6 years ago

How to project your voice while singing?

1. spiderpam profile image58
      spiderpamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No milk, Tea with lemon, cough drops, and lots of water.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

just stand up straight and have confidence is all

3. Hmrjmr1 profile image79
      Hmrjmr1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Brett Manning Videos on You tube are a great source. It can make a big difference in a relatively short period of time. Key is practice at every opportunity. smile

2. oxymoron profile image60
    oxymoronposted 6 years ago

What is it all about projecting voice?

3. chrissie123 profile image75
    chrissie123posted 6 years ago

To project your voice make sure to use your diaphram never your throat cause it can damage your voice and make sure to have enough air! AIr is very important learn about breathing techniques

4. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

I don't sing so I can't help you with this one. smile

5. HollywoodRasta profile image72
    HollywoodRastaposted 6 years ago

Check out Brett Mannings stuff. You can see some of his stuff is on You Tube. Very easy to understand. Its a style called: Speech Level singing...he trained Christina Aguilera and Paramore.

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

6. BEAUTYBABE profile image85
    BEAUTYBABEposted 6 years ago

I have had singing lessons and started having my voice training at the age of 17. Yes, it is true that in order to produce the sound that you want, you do not sing from your throat. You sing the notes through breathing through your diaphragm. In order to do this the best thing to do, is to place each of your hands on either side of your diaphragm and concentrate on just breathing from here. Once you have got comfortable just breathing from here, you will find it much more easier to sing and project your voice without singing the note through your throat. You have to sing the notes and feel them at the top in your head so that get resonance in your voice. By that word resonance, I mean that the sound you sing will be deeper and fuller which ocurs from the amplification of your voice by the bones of your head and your upper chest (diaphragm) and by the air cavities of the nasal passages.If you place an index finger tip on each temple, it makes it easier to imagine the sound coming through the top of your head. I have tried to answer this question the best way that I can and hope that it has helped to clarify the subject of voice projection for you

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
      mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Excellent advice and I know because my Mum cut records with Columbia and used to teach singing having been Bel Canto trained herself. she had a four and a half octave range when she was singing professionally.

7. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I know there is a particular way to emphasize the use of specific muscles, to project a better tone from oneself, while singing. For more detail, I would suggest you search of a truly wise Songstress, whose professional career is almost at an end.

To bother these people while they are still on top of their game, would be like a flea annoying a dog, and those people will disregard you, as though you don't matter, because they are too involved in their own self.

But, I would definitely seek out someone else, instead of trying to get subjective opinions from others, when professionalism is actually required.

Just a thought. Have a great day! big_smile smile

8. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

My choir instructor always had us doing diaphragm exercises: Lie flat on the floor and place a heavy book on your diaphragm. Lift the book by contracting and expanding your diaphragm muscles.

9. my last breath profile image61
    my last breathposted 6 years ago

use your diaphragm and sing out. milk, sugar, caffiene etc coat your throat so avoid those well before you sing. and dont gutterly clear your throat! it damages your vocal chords. as well dont sing through your nose. it sounds funny.