jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

FRIENDS (the tv show)

1. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

I'm compiling a list of inconsistences and general amusing moments that I've found in FRIENDS for a hub I'm writing. It's my favourite programme ever and I probably know almost all the words to almost every episode.
    I thought I'd see if anyone else has seen anything inconsistent, weird or just not quite right. Or just something that makes you laugh everytime you see it.
    If you notice something that I haven't already seen then I'll credit you in the hub and link to your profile!

2. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

My fav is when Jen Anniston is doing the baby got back dance to the baby to keep her entertained.

3. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

It's one of my favorite shows, too!

I love the episode where Ross dresses as the Hanukkah armadillo. That one always makes me laugh!

As for inconsistencies, Monica and Rachel's friendship had some continuity errors. In the beginning of the show, they hadn't seen each other since high school. There was even a "year before" fantasy episode that was supposed to have taken place in 1993 (a year before the show began), where Rachel stopped by the then-bar (which was about to become the coffeehouse) and ran into Monica. But then toward the end of the series, all of a sudden, Rachel and Monica were friends all through college.

Can't wait to see the hub!

4. jenblacksheep profile image84

That's an interesting one. I'll have to look into it. I can't think of a time when Monica ever talks about college now I think about it. I think I've wondered about their friendship before, but I have no idea what I'd thought about.
    If I can find out some specifics about it i'll credit you in the final hub! Thanx Naomi!

5. drej2522 profile image86
    drej2522posted 6 years ago

One inconsistency that I have noticed is Chandler's knowledge of football. In the earlier seasons, he seemed to know what was going on...by the middle or later seasons, Chandler didn't like football..in fact he didn't know anything about the teams or players.

6. jenblacksheep profile image84

Yes! I've noticed that. Thanx for reminding me. I think the same thing happens with Ross too. Sometimes he's really into sports and sometimes he isn't. But yes, chandler definitely.

7. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

College was mentioned with Monica and Rachel in the Thanksgiving episode where Monica decided to lose her weight because she overheard Chandler mocking her. He returns the next year and she's now thin ... and she accidentally stabbed his foot with a fork. But anyway, during that episode, Rachel came to visit and was talking about college with Ross and Monica's mom. So even if Monica herself wasn't in college, she and Rachel were at least still friends post-high school.

I know, I'm pathetic for knowing all of this!

8. jenblacksheep profile image84

Ye, i was thinkin about that bit when you mentioned it. They could have just drifted apart though, thats what i assumed. Still seems strange that they would have been so close and then just drifted apart.

Trust me I know the most ridiculous things about Friends. If your pathetic I definitely am too big_smile