jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

I'm really enjoying my Monster hub!

1. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I have a hub that involves movie monsters, and, I am just loving creating it! I love to write, and have had a problem with blockage. You know, where you really want to write about a topic, and you just can't find the words to begin?

Well, since I thought of creating this hub, the ideas have just been flowing! I have been writing, and laughing, scheming, and, feeling a little sneaky and naughty. Which makes me grin!

I'm so excited about this idea, I might even turn it into a short story, or, maybe even submit it to television writers, or make it into a movie! My creature is very nasty! But, I'm keeping that part secret!

So, what about you? Have you written a hub that inspires you to write more? What is your passion?

I'm also curious. Is it possible to create a monster, and have a movie director build a story around it? Or, get a bunch of brains together to join up on an idea? Does anyone know of such ventures?

I think I would be a great creator in the field. But, I may be wrong. I know I would certainly enjoy it.

1. lovelypaper profile image68
      lovelypaperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's great that you're having so much fun. Enjoy!

2. 0
    Chris Friendposted 6 years ago

That's the best reason to do a hub, for the fun of it.
    Chris Friend

1. brimancandy profile image83
      brimancandyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Chris. It sure is fun!

2. thranax profile image59
      thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Everyone knows no one Hubs for self prevalence, practice, or profit at all! Were just here for the fun of it wink

3. 60
    A. Faurholtposted 6 years ago

Monsters can usually get you started doing something, but writing? My first thought would be running my ass of to get away, but if you wanna be the Jacques Costeau of monsters, fine by me. smile

4. torimari profile image79
    torimariposted 6 years ago

It's ok, I get excited like that for monsters...in video games. Like Silent Hill...scariest monsters ever. Haha, but yes, my most recent hub on Hayao Miyazaki flowed easily for me. The one or two before I wrote that not so much...but it fueled me to work on my novel or whatever you want to call it.

It's a great feeling, especially when the words come out so well other than just the ideas. ^_^

5. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

My passion is in writing true life experiences, lessons, challenges and triumphs.  I have a few to say the least.

I also am very passionate about writing passionate stories or poems.

Lastly I love to write about Vampires in their seductive ways.

Thanks big_smile

6. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

I do enjoy a good monster book once in a while. And yes I do like to create monsters from time to time for my horror books. and yes I have written hubs that have inspired me to write more...I just haven't gotten to it yet lol

Good for you brimancandy! I say go for it dude. Write a story based on a monster you have thuoght up and see where he or she takes you smile

7. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

Hey! Thanks for all the great responces everyone!

I just responded to a hub about monster movies, and The Jack Black Version of "King Kong." Man. you want to talk about being creative. Some of the monsters in that film were more frightening to me than King Kong itself. Especially the Bugs.

Spiders, bees, and giant man eating creepy crawlies...ewe!
    I can't imagine what life would be like on this planet if stuff like that really existed. made me wonder how the villagers survived with all that chaos around them.

I would recommend seeing it. but, you have to have a high death threshold, because people in this movie are dropping like flies.
    But, it is also very entertaining.

1. 0
      Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

people dropping like flies? sounds like one of my short stories I wrote lol

8. adamsch profile image60
    adamschposted 6 years ago

i love horror i have alot of ideas for some good stories i want to write one that is more realistic instead of a woman going into a closet when someone is chaseing her with a axe or chainsaw when they write stuff like that it drives me insane theres no one out there today thats worth anything every body is doing a remake or a retelling of a story its sad

9. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

I am passionate about a hub I wrote concerning an unconventional treatment for alcohol abuse. I know that might sound boring compared to monsters. However, the method is helping someone I care about and is taking us both out of a nightmare we lived in for the past two years. Trouble is, this isn't a subject on which I can write multiple hubs. I want the world to wake up to this method, but I'm not getting many views despite optimising the hub to the best of my ability with the Google keyword tool.

As for monsters, my favourites have always been the Daleks from Dr Who. I kept a life size cardboard cutout of one in my office during my wage slave days. I know, I'm sad! smile

10. Ben Zoltak profile image82
    Ben Zoltakposted 6 years ago

Here when I saw this forum I thought it was going to be about a very large hub, lol.

11. Megavitamin profile image87
    Megavitaminposted 6 years ago

Brimancandy, your enthusiasm is inspiring!  You made me want to watch the movie, "Monster Squad" :0)

1. jellydonut25 profile image60
      jellydonut25posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Monster Squad is an INCREDIBLY awesome movie...soo many great memories there...