jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

So many movies to see this Holiday Season

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I just saw The Princess and the Frog.  The New Orleans setting wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I enjoyed the movie with my three daughters.  My four year old loved it and my seven year old liked it.

I really want to see Avatar in 3d, Brothers, Up in the Air, The Fantastic Mr. Fox, Invictus, Holmes, Everybody's Fine...and I think a few more.  I'm going to need to find some serious baby sitters to get in all these movies:)

If I can only see one movie, I think I'll go with Avatar.  Anyone seen it yet?

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm looking forward to seeing Avatar, we're going on Christmas night. as far as I understand, it's the first movie James Cameron has produced since Titanic?  Same music composer also who wrote for Titanic, sounds like a winning team. I've heard great reviews.

2. theageofcake profile image75
      theageofcakeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I myself just saw Fantastic Mr. Fox, which was incredible.  The past year has been exceptional for animation fans - Up and Coraline were beautiful and Princess and the Frog looks fairly promising (though I'm not much of a fan of modern Disney, it looks to be, at the very least, excellent visually).

I'm planning on seeing Avatar this upcoming weekend, and preparing myself for the worst.  As someone said before, expectation leads to disappointment (and some are calling this the most elaborate sci fi film since Star Wars).

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just saw it, and it is fantastic.  Best 3D effects I've ever seen.

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Nope haven't seen Avatar yet but I did see The PRincess and the Frog. cute movie but I thought it was a little too dark for the younger kids.

3. jellydonut25 profile image61
    jellydonut25posted 6 years ago

Avatar's the only one that REALLY interests me, and it's from less of a "excited to see it" standpoint than a scientific experiment standpoint

it INTRIGUES me but I wouldn't say I think I'm going to like it

4. emievil profile image83
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Just watched Avatar and it is not quite what I expected but I like the movie. Hope you all watch it smile.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I liked it too, hi emievil, Merry Christmas, namamasko po,,,

5. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago

A friend of mine came back from watching Avatar in 3D yesterday raving about it, he said it's amazing, unfortunately I couldn't make it along.

He now says that he wants to go live on a planet full of blue alien people, and got genuinely quite upset when I told him that it wasn't going to happen, guess I should have just left him to dream. big_smile

1. emievil profile image83
      emievilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol I know the feeling. smile

6. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

I will need to wait for everythign on DVD.
    I am excited for Cirque de freak...
    ALl you need to live on a planet wiht blue men, is some blue tinted glasses....

1. Mrvoodoo profile image60
      Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol, smart arse. wink

But you make a good point.

Gotta go work now and it's bloody freezing, hope you're doing good, catch ya laters.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image60

Actually thanks for that, I've been stumped for something to get him for Christmas, and with that explanation, that'll be quite funny. smile

Gotta go now sad Take care.

1. 0
        Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

your welcome! I would love to hear how it turns out.
        have fun at work but your probably already gone...
        my mother in law called and I missed this...
        anyways, have a good one, and as always, if aliens show up Ill come get you. We can go someplace warm, its freezing here too!

1. Mrvoodoo profile image60

That actually sounds pretty damn good. wink

7. uliveulearn profile image80
    uliveulearnposted 6 years ago

I too am looking forward to seeing Avatar but I don't want to get my expectations up to high because that always leads to disappointment.  Also want to watch Have you heard about the Morgans.  Hope there are more funny parts than just what is in the  trailer.

8. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 6 years ago

Saw Avatar yesterday, was disappointed. Don't know what all the hype was about this movie!