jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)

Favorite Singer?

1. jdeschene profile image77
    jdescheneposted 8 years ago

Who's your favorite singer or musical group of all time?

Mine is the lovely Miss Sarah Brightman.

1. MarloByDesign profile image84
      MarloByDesignposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Do you know where I can find the English version of "Time to Say Goodbye" (her duet) - I can only find the Italian version on You Tube.

2. MaxPowers profile image60
    MaxPowersposted 8 years ago

fiona apple

1. jdeschene profile image77
      jdescheneposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I love Fiona Apple, too.  My favorite of her songs is "Never Is A Promise."

2. 0
      DaMaGeD_GooDzposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm still wondering how she managed to misquote Maya Angelou so badly on the VMAs.

3. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

Sarah is fantastic. I just saw the touring company of Phantom last week and have been listening to the OLC pretty much non-stop ever since.

My favorite singer of all time is probably Placido Domingo, with the Welsh singer Michael Ball coming in a close second. Both of them have such extraordinary voices, and I loves me some opera and Broadway. For groups, I like Simon and Garfunkel best, probably. I also loves me some folk and classic rock. smile

4. funride profile image78
    funrideposted 8 years ago

As a portuguese I must choose Amália Rodrigues! Nowadays I also love to hear Marizas voice.

You can hear and learn more about this two great portuguese Fado singers HERE and HERE

5. Angela Harris profile image73
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

Favorite singer is Elvis- he could sing anything, and sing it well. Favorite band- AC/DC- absolutely the best band ever.

1. crashcromwell profile image80
      crashcromwellposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This is wild. When I was in third grade, I made a kite in art class. Wanting to be cool, I decided to decorate the kite with musicians I'd heard of. The two I chose were Elvis and AC/DC.

I knew who Elvis was because my favorite Aunt Edith was a big fan of Elvis. I had never heard any of AC/DC's music at that time, though I did become a fan in high school and college, and even saw them twice in concert.

As for my favorite? Well, my favorite singer is probably Bruce Springsteen, though Elton John, Jimmy Buffett and  Billy Joel are all in the same park.

The best band would be hard to say. I think the greatest concert I ever saw was Huey Lewis and the News, 1987, the Ballpark in Old Orchard Beach. It started raining a half-hour into the concert, and they started to lower the lights. Huey stepped up to the mike and said that it rains six months of the year in San Francisco Bay, so a little bit of rain wouldn't stop them. They played the full concert in a driving rain storm, with no lights, and people splashing around in the outfield grass having the time of our lives!

6. 0
    DaMaGeD_GooDzposted 8 years ago

Tori Amos!!!!!!!!

7. 59
    SHIV PANDEposted 8 years ago

mine is Lindsay Buckingham great guitarist too!

1. 59
      extra1posted 8 years ago in reply to this
  8. DJ Funktual profile image87
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

Sly & The Family Stone

Mike Doughty

9. hglick profile image84
    hglickposted 8 years ago

male group
    The Beatles

female group
    The Supremes

male solo
    Eric Clapton

female solo
    Dusty Springfield

1. TravelMonkey profile image59
      TravelMonkeyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Great choice, but would have to choose C. Dion as the female solo

10. 0
    DaMaGeD_GooDzposted 8 years ago

What about David Bowie?

11. 59
    extra1posted 8 years ago

reply to shiv pande - how about Stevie Nicks?

1. 59
      SHIV PANDEposted 8 years ago in reply to this
  12. 59
    SHIV PANDEposted 8 years ago

SHiv Pande " yeah she pretty good too they sing well together :

13. dishyum profile image61
    dishyumposted 8 years ago

A.R.Rahman, world fame Music Composer from India smile