jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

1. jdeschene profile image75
    jdescheneposted 8 years ago

Anybody here on Pandora.com?  If so, what are you listening to?

1. topstuff profile image60
      topstuffposted 8 years ago in reply to this

i have seen this site sometime but what does the word pandora mean.

1. jdeschene profile image75
        jdescheneposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The word Pandora refers to a Greek myth about a girl named Pandora who succumbed to curiosity and opened a box containing all the evils of the world.  Don't worry, though.  This has nothing to do with the actual website.

Pandora.com is an online customizable radio station.  You type in a song or an artist that you like and it introduces you to more music that's similar to what you like.  Try it out!

2. 0
      DaMaGeD_GooDzposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I love pandora.com!!! I've been on it for a few years actually and I have two of my own stations. I have everything from rap, metal, industrial. Hey, can you link me to your stations or playlist? I'll do the same back if you want.

2. spooon profile image70
    spooonposted 8 years ago

I love the service but news is going around that it will be closing pretty soon

1. MovieBuzzDude profile image60
      MovieBuzzDudeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Didn't the article say that they were going to increase ads to combat rising costs? Plus I think the new law is dumb - artists don't need their royalty fees doubled - it's simply greedy corporate America ravenously inhaling all the profit they can.

3. aimeeSF profile image79
    aimeeSFposted 8 years ago

It's funny that I caught this here now!  My friend showed me Pandora on his iTouch JUST last night so that I could get it on my iPhone.  I'm on the site now so I can listen to the music at work smile

It's a great service and I'm sad to know that they will be closing soon (another bit of info my friend told me last night... he said it was due to lack of interest) - so we're just using it up as much as we can before it's gone!

4. hubby7 profile image79
    hubby7posted 8 years ago

Thanks for the info, I tune into Pandora's box from time to time myself. I'm sorry to hear that they are shutting down soon.

5. 61
    fairiechildposted 8 years ago

really they are shutting down?? that stinks, its a great service!

6. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Never heard of it, too bad its closing soon.