What are the BEST LOOKING movies of all time?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 58 discussions (88 posts)
  1. theageofcake profile image60
    theageofcakeposted 14 years ago

Sure we could worry ourselves over a great screenplay and strong performances, but what are the movies that excel for sheer visual beauty?  This could be in terms of effects, cinematography, sets, etc. - Anything that strikes you!

I'll get the one most fresh in everyone's memory out of the way:  Avatar.  The script was spotty and the story occasionally nonsensical, but what a feast for the eyes!

As for something more "classic" - Jim Henson's Dark Crystal.  The world he creates, which is comprised of puppets and detailed set designs, is magnificent. 

Others?

1. ecogirl333 profile image57
      ecogirl333posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unforgiven for the sheer scale of Western skies.

theageofcakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome choice, and probably not one I would have thought of myself.

1. ecogirl333 profile image57
          ecogirl333posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why thankyou!  I was blown away when I saw it at the cinema.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hero by Quentin Tarantino, and The Last Samurai. there's lots more, i just can't think of them now.

1. dohn121 profile image81
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Last Emperor was amazing smile

3. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Havent seen Avitar yet. I loved Dark Crystal. That was the first mvie I ever saw at the Drive-In.
      I loved "The Watchmen", visually. Oh, and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." and "No Country for Old Men". I loved how the Coen brothers used trees.

Dark Crystal is phenomenal.  When I consider the talent we lost when Henson died, its almost unbearable.  Luckily, we have Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy 2) and Spike Jonze (Where the Wild Things Are) picking up where he left off.  I can only hope a handful of filmmakers will continue to make movies in his spirit.

And yes, Watchmen is wonderful visually.  As much as I dislike Zack Snyder's adaptation of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbon's original book, he certainly as an eye for visual drama.  The ensemble cast, though, was pukey (save for Dr. Manhattan, Rorschach, and The Comedian, who were all portrayed surprisingly well).

1. profile image0

regretably, never read teh book.
          I was thinking of Rorschach. "None of you seem to understand, Im not locked in here with you, your all locked inhere wiht ME!!"
          Oh, yeah..for an old school movie..oh my how did I forget til now...
          Legend!! I hate Tom Cruise, but..Tim Curry as the DEVIL??!!!
          This movie, for its time....rocked my world!! And teh goblin thingys, and the Unicorn? way cool movie!!!

4. TreasuresByBrenda profile image66
      TreasuresByBrendaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How about A Passage to India...(had to go look up the name.)

5. Nick17Pierce19 profile image41
      Nick17Pierce19posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Terminator 2, for the time the CGI was mind blowing, absolutely mind blowing. It still actually holds its own today in comparison to modern CGI, which makes it even more timeless in my opinion.

6. mkplcl profile image60
      mkplclposted 14 years agoin reply to this

X Men 1-4

7. Shinkicker profile image54
      Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Betty Blue had wonderful cinematography capturing the colour and sensuality of France

2. jellydonut25 profile image59
    jellydonut25posted 14 years ago

2009's Star Trek is a BEAUTIFUL film
    The Empire Strikes Back is startlingly good looking, especially in comparison to the original Star Wars
    The Mist is a really good looking film, ESPECIALLY in black and white (it's a director's extra on the DVD...Darabont originally WANTED black and white)
    Terminator 2
    Pirates of the Caribbean series has some really good visuals
    Two different versions of War of the Worlds are very cool to LOOK at
    Suspiria is another stunning film to see
    oh, also 1933s Invisible Man

You know what, 2009 had quite a few visually breathtaking films that also happened to have some substance.  I mentioned Avatar and you Star Trek, but there's also Pixar's Up, Coraline, District 9, Moon, Fantastic Mr. Fox, it goes on and on.  It was definitely a strong year for cinema.

Anyway, great list.

2. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have good taste my friend...Kind of like a Krispy Kreme big_smile

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

There is only one movie that speaks for all time it's"The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" and the final showdown and gun fight!

4. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

The first two that come to mind are "Legends of the Fall" and "Dr. Zhivago."

5. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

I think Jurrassic Park was pretty amazing when I first saw it.
    The way they brought the dinosaurs to life was very cool. And, it pretty much started the race for even better graphics in not only movies, but video games as well.

All three of the Star Wars episodes had some great scenery in them, and some intense action scenes. However, I didn't really care for Revenge Of The Sith. But, visuals were great.

Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter also had some very stunning visuals in them. Even though I thought lord of the rings was incredibly creepy, it had a really great story. And the Harry Potter films just took fantasy to the next level.

Another good one was Independance Day.

1. betherann profile image66
      betherannposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree on LOTR and Harry Potter.  HP was not necessarily a well-told film story (the books rocked), but it looked really good.  My favorite in terms of looks was Azkaban, which also happened to rate highest for me in terms of story and quality.

6. pay2cEM profile image82
    pay2cEMposted 14 years ago

#1 Avatar: I hate to use up my quota of superlatives on a single flick, but this was (at least on IMAX 3D) breathtakingly, jaw-droppingly stunning!

#2 300: The plot DIDN'T suck...because there wasn't one, but an illiterate deaf-mute would have to appreciate those slo-mo visuals.

#3 LotR Return of the King: If 100,000 CGI horseman charging towards 60-foot tall elephants doesn't put a knot in your throat, see your local physician to ensure that you still have a pulse.

#4 Sin City: Textbook case study on how to make a graphic novel come to life.

#5 The Matrix: C'mon, guys! That movie was SERIOUSLY freaking COOL looking!

honorable mention: The Wizard of Oz, Last of the Mohicans, Braveheart, Gladiator, What Dreams May Come, Legends of the Fall, 2012, Watchmen, and the trailer for the new Tron.

1. receptionist profile image61
      receptionistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great list.

I've to add The Labyrinth. Just blew me away when I first watched it. Thought The Goblin King was just so cool. And The Goblin City and its creatures - woah!

7. thekidandblue profile image61
    thekidandblueposted 14 years ago

Slumdog Millionaire was a beautful looking film

8. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

Fiddler on the roof

1. CrystalStarWoman profile image58
      CrystalStarWomanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fiddler on the Roof was nominated for an Oscar for best art direction - and the art director used to live at the end of my road!

For me the most beautiful movie ever is Hero (aka Nameless, or Ying xiong).

Every scene was breath-taking, every frame was a work of art.

VisuallY STUNNING. I want to go and watch it again now big_smile

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

Avatar being the most recent~~ amazing on imax, 3d as mentioned. you truly feel like you are in the fantasy at times.

Thin Red Line is also amazing~ takes place in the South Pacific, filmed in queensland, australia, solomon islands portraying the battle of guadalcanal during WW11. it's not just battle scenes, it's truly breathtaking. if you've never seen it, I highly recommend it. the film score is Hans Zimmer and he has said, it is one of his best.

10. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

The start and finish of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I found the combination of visuals and music unforgettable. I must admit to being a bit bored during the central part though.

I'm ecstatic that someone picked this movie, but it saddens me that the middle part bored you.  I thought the anxiety of being in space felt all too real in those sequences.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry! I guess I'm much more a fantasy fan than a sci-fi fan smile I loved the mystery of the opening and closing sequences, but was totally put off by the HAL story.

11. Windsweptplains profile image62
    Windsweptplainsposted 14 years ago

I adore Pride and Prejudice 2005 for its beautiful English countryside. And I love Lord of the RIngs for the same reason many love Avatar: for it's visual splendor.

12. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

oh yeah. i saw that a long time ago. wow...

13. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Oh and I'll add one more: Seven Samurai.  Without the work of Akira Kurosawa, many of the "westerns" we know today wouldn't be what the are (i.e. riding into the sunset).

And I do agree with your selections, cosette.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

you know, the first time i saw The last Samurai, i started crying halfway through. the music combined with the imagery of their world, so ordered and beautiful, well it was just stunning.

haha Seabiscuit wasn't visually stunning but that scene where he finally gets it...where he finally decides he's gonna go for it, that made me cry too. i wish i had a horse.

14. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

for me, HAL was the most engrossing part.

that monolith freaked me out though. the voices...

Absolutely agree on both counts.  The marriage of sight and sound in that movie made for a real intense, haunting experience.  I only just saw it for the first time last summer, and I can't remember being so engrossed in a movie since being a child.  It was like being 8 years old and seeing Jurassic Park for the first time - I was utterly mesmerized.

15. Miss Belgravia profile image60
    Miss Belgraviaposted 14 years ago

Barry Lyndon. Which most people under 50 have probably never heard of. It starred Ryan O'Neal, and was released in 1975. A largely forgotten Stanley Kubrick film.

16. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Breakfast at Tiffany's big_smile

1. profile image0

ohhhh!!! at the end, when they smoosh the cat, in the pouring rain?!!! darn movies, if only real life could be so romantic...

17. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

2001: A Space Odyssey. Great visuals decades ahead of it's time.

18. kingbyname profile image61
    kingbynameposted 14 years ago

The best-looking films have to sweep you off your feet and draw you into the visual narrative at the same time - no mean feat!

Here are a few that have particularly impressed me over the years:

Blade Runner
    Lawrence of Arabia
    Chungking Express
    Once Upon A Time In The West
    Citizen Kane
    The Godfather and The Godfather II
    L'Atalante
    Sunrise
    North by Northwest
    The Wages of Fear
    Kieslowski's Three Colour Trilogy
    The Red Shoes
    Mean Streets

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You listed some of my all time favorite movies. But for sheer visual beauty Akira Kurosawa's "Ran" is my pick. "Doctor Zhivago" was also a visually beautiful movie, in my opinion.

2. theageofcake profile image60

Lawrence of Arabia is awe-inspiring in many ways.  Great movie.

19. modeca profile image41
    modecaposted 14 years ago

I'm a huge film fan and love directors who use cinematography to the full.

Here are some of my picks:

Apocalypse Now always takes my breath away.

Old Boy - Park Chan Wook is a genius

Primer - an obscure indie flick - great cinematography on a budget

I love big special effects movies too, recent faves include Knowing -the best train crash in film history ever!!

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Appocalypse Now" is a visually spectacular movie and otherwise one of the greatest war movies of all time. "Gone With the Wind" was a breakthrough technicolor movie. But my pick for the most visually beautiful movie is Akira Kurosawa's "Ran," which retells Shakespeare's "King Lear" set in medieval Japan.

20. madhugr profile image57
    madhugrposted 14 years ago

"My Best Friend's Wedding" was my favorite for a long time. It had Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz in the same movie.

21. mrcoopr2010 profile image60
    mrcoopr2010posted 14 years ago

New Jack City
    Malcolm X
    Baby Boy
    Boyz N The Hood
    Auto Focus
    All the Dirty Harry movies
    All the Rocky movies
    Home Alone 1 and 2
    Mrs. Doubtfire
    Stephen King's IT
    Superman the Movie
    The Muppet Movie
    The Great Muppet Caper (???)
    The Muppets Take Manhattan
    The Pursuit of Happyness
    Madea's Family Reunion
    Diary of a Mad Black Woman
    Madea Goes to Jail
    American Violet
    The Incredible Hulk
    Spider Man 1 to 3
    The Jazz Singer
    Dr. Zhivago
    Cabaret
    All That Jazz
    Lenny
    Bird
    Notorious
    Obsessed
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    Mo' Better Blues
    An American Werewolf in London
    Silver Bullet
    Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (both 1931 and 1941 versions)
    Purple Rain
    Hustle and Flow

22. raven1967 profile image61
    raven1967posted 14 years ago

There are so many visually beautiful movies, especially for us fans. I loved how they captured small town america in "It's a Wonderful Life", specifically the outdoor scenes with falling snow(idealized, of course). Recently,"Cold Mountain" was like watching a painting come to life or poetry in motion. If you haven't seen it, do so, it is visually stunning. F**king incredible!!!!

23. raven1967 profile image61
    raven1967posted 14 years ago

Couple others...lol...I agree with "Sin City" and "Pan's Labryinth" and many of the others. Alright a few more I think were missed, this is fun :

A River Runs Through it
    Double Indemnity
    Farewell My Concubine
    All The Mornings of Tomorrow
    Aliens
    Seven Years in Tibet
    Dances With Wolves
    Schindler's List
    Sound of Music
    Beauty and The Beast(Disney)
    Edward Scissorhands

24. Cly Walsh profile image60
    Cly Walshposted 14 years ago

While The Dark Crystal is my favourite movie, the 'best looking' movie from my perspective is Takeshi Kitano's version of Zatoichi.

25. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I think most of my favorites have been mentioned multiple times but I think

"A Clockwork Orange" is noticeably absent

I also think A.I.(Artificial Intelligence) had a very unique and beautiful visual treatment

well really anything by Kubrick

What Dreams May Come

THE CELL !!!

and probably some Tim Burton belongs in this list

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2088/2881/320/whatdreamsmaycome_10.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3596/3629032551_ddfc89bb29.jpg?v=0

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And Sunforged is the biggest spunk of all time. Saw your pic in Kimberley's hub. Omg how could you be hiding all that goodness for all this time from us ladies LMAO.

26. Rayalternately profile image61
    Rayalternatelyposted 14 years ago

Did I miss the mentions for Gone With the Wind and Wizard of Oz? smile

27. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

http://www.graficacolectiva.org/blog/wp-content/ishioka02.jpg

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1099454/photo_01_hires.jpg

http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/217/1441145172034469480S500x500Q85.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o85/Waterbro_photos/WhatDreamsMayCome.jpg

oh yeah and both Charlie and the chocolate factories!

@blondpoet , Im a spunk! Im not hiding I THINK I was previously featured on your very own male hubbers collection ..i think you called me a spaceman! ..am I remembering right?

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha yes I do remember. I never saw that pic of Kimberleys though. That one could land you as Cleo's new centrefold Sunforged.

28. Cowboycoffee profile image61
    Cowboycoffeeposted 14 years ago

Big Fish, Was A Visual Treat to Me. = )

29. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 14 years ago

hmm, great this thread is a becoming a nice encyclopedia of Good Movies.
    "The Patriot",& "Shooter", are some of my favorites.

30. Canklefish profile image81
    Canklefishposted 14 years ago

I always reference my favorite flick, 'Joe Versus the Volcano' for its stark and vivid symbolism. Aside from the growling shark in the fishing scene, the entire movie is eye candy, and I catch something new and interesting with every viewing.

This is one of those 'love it/ hate it' films, and yes you read that correctly... This is my favorite film of all time.

31. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Hero, The Fall, Inglourious Basterds, All Tony Scott Movies have a distinctive visual style, Mr. Magnorium's Emporium, Speed Racer, and so many others.

32. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

300 and Watchmen...some Cinematography there! And Layer Cake...forgive me Matthew Vaughn.

1. Sufidreamer profile image80
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

300 was good - one of the early scenes, showing the view across Ancient Sparta and the surrounding mountains, is absolutely spot on. It does actually look like that.

I always liked 'Once Upon a Time in the West.' A wonderful, sprawling western.

Spartacus is an all-time favourite. big_smile

The original 'Get Carter' - a nasty little film.

'Conan the Barbarian,' - The only Conan adaptation that captured the dark mood of Howard's books. Awesome soundtrack, too.

'Seven Samurai' - Beautifully shot.

'Clerks' - Shot on such a low budget, but set Kevin Smith on the road to fame and fortune.

33. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

I liked the English countryside scenes in Barry Lyndon.

http://thisisanadventure.com/wp-content … lyndon.jpg

34. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

Ten to Chi (1990)

The history is a bit suspect, but the visuals are stunning.

35. FranyaBlue profile image74
    FranyaBlueposted 14 years ago

BEST LOOKING movies - Oceans 11/12/13 - A feast for all the ladies eyes smile

36. World Marketing profile image40
    World Marketingposted 14 years ago

The Gladiator "Honor Him"

37. betherann profile image66
    betherannposted 14 years ago

I love Tim Burton's style -- anything by him looks fantastic to me!

38. dyonder profile image72
    dyonderposted 14 years ago

Krzysztof Kieslowski's Three Colors trilogy (Blue, White, Red). Though subtitled (if one doesn't follow French), the message of each film is so intricately entrenched within the artistry of the direction that one can't help but be swept up.
    Park Chan-wook's revenge trilogy (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance/ Oldboy/ Sympathy for Lady Vengeance). All three of these films bring to mind Poppy Z. Brite's essay on the beauty of violence. Gorgeous and disturbing - an intoxicating blend.
    Enki Belal's Immortal is a visual feast, reminiscent of the dream scenes from 1985's Brazil.

39. Vinculum profile image60
    Vinculumposted 14 years ago

Not one person has mentioned There Will Be Blood. A beautiful cinematic scape of the west.

40. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

when Harry met Sally...

and 300

41. stephensaldana profile image61
    stephensaldanaposted 14 years ago

I liked " No country for older men" " the watchmen" and " the greenmiles" .. loved these movies..

42. lilian_sg profile image65
    lilian_sgposted 13 years ago

I would say New Zealand's natural beauty stands out in the Lord of the Rings trilogy!

43. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 13 years ago

LOTR trilogy...loved it.

44. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

45. stu-smith72 profile image59
    stu-smith72posted 13 years ago

Into the Wild- Incredible settings, brilliant cinematography and initiative editing

City of God- Possibly the best visual film ever

The Diving Bell and Butterfly- the majority of the film is tough viewing as the camera takes the restrictive perspective of a almost entirely paralysed man, but the scenes of his imagination are truly fantastic

Michael Mann films- Heat, Collateral and Public Enemies have shots to die for

Where the Wild Things Are- Playful and creative, really puts you back in a childs imagination

46. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

older movies include:  Bertolucci's ROMEO AND JULIET
    FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD
    any thing by Felinni
    DR. ZHIVAGO - especially the scene of the iced over summer house

more recently I really loved the looks of ALICE IN WONDERLAND

the original MOULIN ROUGE  and then the newer one are both visually great

SLUMDOG MILLIONARE had some great India visuals

I'm forgetting some of my other favorites right now.

oh yeh - MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM - the one with Michelle Pfeiffer

47. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Best looking movies for me:

Wizard of Oz - when the movied turned from black and white to color was amazing.

The Ten Commandments - who does't like tons of bare-chested masculine men strutting around?  And you can't forget the parting of the Red Sea.

Oklahoma - and any of the Oscar and Hammerstein movie musicals, have great costumes, set pieces, and background.

Dick Tracy - amazing costumes and set pieces

Batman - the first movie, highly stylized.  Everything looks sharp and gleaming.

That's all off the top of my head, but there are others.

48. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 13 years ago

The film that came to my mind first was 300 and that has already been mentioned several times. Sin City is also good, coz they're both pretty similar.

There's a film called The Fall that I think it visually very good (and in other respects too). It was recommended to me by the guy in the store but other than him I've never met anyone that's seen it.

1. Sufidreamer profile image80
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The first time I saw '300' was in an open-air cinema a few hundred yards away from the ruins of Ancient Sparta.

Watching movies doesn't get much better than that! big_smile

Adding to my previous list, how could I forget 'Excalibur?' A beautiful film.

1. jenblacksheep profile image67
        jenblacksheepposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow that's cool. I'm glad I saw 300 at the cinema, I don't think it would have had nearly the same visual effect watching it on a tv. I was just too young to see Sin City when it came out at the cinema but I imagine that would have been much the same.

49. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Earlier I mentioned Kurosawa's "Ran."  "Dr. Zhivago" comes to mind also.

50. Lora Palmer profile image61
    Lora Palmerposted 13 years ago

Wow, great collection of beautiful movies here! What Dreams May Come was my first thought after reading the title, and I'm so glad to see someone else came up with it, too.  Avatar and the Harry Potter movies are also really visually stunning movies.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)