jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How to treat a car lot.

1. sooner than later profile image58
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

I'm not satisfied when I buy a car unless the manager says don't come back here after the deal is made. I have some really asanine habbits when I buy that probably make me out to be the biggest jerk around, but I get the price I want and I know they "screw" people everyday and they like it.

and for all of you that say you are a good person in the car sales business or "my husband is a great guy and he sells cars", I doubt it. thats like 1 in a 100.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's true! Straight dealerships go broke! I bought professionally for my own businesses for many years, and still buy today. I am a dealerships worst nightmare with a background in buying I ignore everything thrown in to confuse the bottom line and am not movable. Insurance? Sure feel free to throw it in under this shopped price or I don't want to hear it mentioned again!
      smile

2. MikeNV profile image71
      MikeNVposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you can buy with cash then you have the power on your side.  If you make your offer and they don't take it so what?  Go to the next dealer. Car dealers are hurting.  If there is any profit they will take it right now.

Car manufacturers who were bailed out are not lowering the price of cars.  So it's up to you to set the price.

Yesterday the Government dumped another $3.8 Billion into GM.  GM is now Government Motors.

Why would anyone do business with them?

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can still bash em without cash, it is always "Full package price" including finance that you bargain on.They have to sell you cheaper money! smile

2. sooner than later profile image58

The last kid kept trying to sell me a payment price when I told him I was paying cash. haha. "uh, go get your manager kiddo I need a new salesman"

3. sooner than later profile image58

I even control where we sit. just as they start to sit me at one of those little round tables I go, "I want to sit in that room over there" them "ummm thats the umm the assistant sales managers office" Me "ohhh really, that will be just fine" them "let me go check with my boss" Me "Ok I'll go have a seat in there then".

short of pulling de-pantsing them, I'll do anything.

4. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 7 years ago

alot of what has been said on this post about cars pricing ect is true..reason I do not buy from car lotts at all..
    My childs father has a part time mechanic ( well, he rebuilds classics and does routine maintence and builds engines , etc. at home but his 7am to 3 pm job is with a supplier to G.M., Chrysler, BMW, Harley Davidson, Honda, practically all of them..its a stamping plant where they byuild the parts that are used by the manufacturers..

He knows the scoop, and I have many horror story's to tell you about the corners companies cut when having vehicles built..some are so bad, he would have nothing to do with it and have called out sick days...

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

Just heard today that many dealers in the UK had a recent offer on. Buy two cars, pay for 1. Incredible!

working