jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (26 posts)

Just saw Avatar 3D!

1. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 7 years ago

It was great! I didn't think I was going to like it, but we have friends here from out of town, and she wanted me to go with her. She had already seen it in non-3D and wanted to see the 3D version. She said there's no comaparison.

Man, 3D has come a long way since Jaws 3D, the last 3D movie I saw at the cinema. It really was amazing!

1. K Partin profile image60
      K Partinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi habee, We're going to see it right after all the kids go back to school, too crowded. But I'm hearing 3-D is the only way to see it! smile

2. warchild75 profile image44
      warchild75posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah i didnt think i was gonna rate it that much and your right the last film i watched was jaws 3d,man has 3d come along way since then,i really enjoyed myself and the 3d was excellent. smile

3. jabelufiroz profile image77
      jabelufirozposted 6 years ago in reply to this

its fabulous...

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image89
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

We saw it last night and it was awesome!

I have read some complaints about the story, but forget the story! The visuals were outta sight...the floating mountain scenes had my heart rate up!

I really didn't notice the length either, which is odd for a nearly 3 hour movie.

I would say, though, that anyone sitting on the fence about the movie should just go see it in 3D...it's worth it.

1. Friendlyword profile image60
      Friendlywordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Do you still have to wear the colered glasses?

1. K Partin profile image60
        K Partinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yup but they are more like sun glasses now not paper. and the movie is like 3 hours I hear but well worth it. :0

2. jellydonut25 profile image60
      jellydonut25posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Michael Bay, Roland Emmerich and McG all have the same attitude...

I'm sorry, I can't give a shite story a pass JUST because it has amazing visuals. That said, it's not THAT much of a shite story...any story by any of the other 3 directors I listed above is worse than that of Avatar (with a couple of exceptions like The Rock and Stargate), but Avatar doesn't come anywhere near the best movie of all-time (or even THE YEAR) for me JUST because it's got incredible visuals.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image89
        Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Who said that it was? Not me. wink

3. Peter Brown profile image77
    Peter Brownposted 7 years ago

My wife and I will be seeing it in 3D as well if we can ever find the time!

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

Fantastivc movie.  You would have to be very jaded to not enjoy this one.

5. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

You have intrigued me superstar Habee.

6. StarryNightsDiva profile image81
    StarryNightsDivaposted 7 years ago

Took me a little while to get used to the very fashionable glasses, but it's absolutely amazing in 3D. Now that I see the trailer on TV, there's just no comparison.

7. Hmrjmr1 profile image79
    Hmrjmr1posted 7 years ago

Sounds interesting for an old grunt!

8. bozzie123 profile image60
    bozzie123posted 7 years ago

the film is the nuts ! big_smile

9. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

Well, I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but the script was horrible. My friend and I were reciting the next line in the movie to each other long enough that he got up and left. However, I do like good special effects, and I did think that was the saving grace. Glad all you others like it. Means it wasn't a total flop.

And yes, I'm pretty jaded...Just been through too much the last two years.

1. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What's up Daniel? Wouldn't consider you jaded. You're usually really positive.

10. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 7 years ago

The script wasn't exactly brilliant, but it was worth the price just for the visuals!

11. Bredavies profile image70
    Bredaviesposted 7 years ago

I loved everything about that movie.

12. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Watched the 3D version two days ago and my jaw was unhinged. Incredible film. And yes, the storyline/script didn't match the visual artistry but as films go, it suspended my disbelief quite happily for the duration.

In fact my disbelief remained happily awol for a bit longer than the film lasted. Never a bad thing when you're me big_smile

13. adsensesecrets profile image61
    adsensesecretsposted 7 years ago

we are going to see a lot more 3D movies now! Avatar was Amazing!

1. Bredavies profile image70
      Bredaviesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

but I wonder how soon. That took about 10 years to make.

1. 60
        JBunceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The two things I appreciated most about the 3-D: it wasn't just the "throw things at the camera" deal to make the audience duck, it was mostly used to add a sense of depth and reality, and when things DID come leaping off the screen, for the most part it was a natural part of the action. And, two: you didn't have those diffent-color-lense cardboard glasses. When one guy who was considering seeing it asked me today if they still used those same glasses and I told him it was something more like sunglasses with the same color in each lens, he breathed one of the biggest sighs of relief I've ever heard.

14. 0
    TheVerbalAxiomposted 6 years ago

I might download this movie and give it a shot.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol already working on it. big_smile smile

15. zzron profile image61
    zzronposted 6 years ago

My wife and I saw it the other night and it was really good. I recommend it.

working