jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Elvis would have been 75 today

1. thirdmillenium profile image72
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

Let's forget about his transgressions; wasn't he the one who changed the world in 1956?

So, do you prefer to remember him as the handsome  young (if bloated) man that he looked when he died or the way he would have looked, had been alive today?

1. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean Alive today?  I saw him yesterday!

Happy Birthday King.

1. thirdmillenium profile image72
        thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ATTABOY big_smile

2. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

Wow!  Only 75?  I thought he would have been much older. 

I think we will always remember the stars as they were, young and handsome, despite how old they get.  It is that first impression, the one that made your heart leap, that sticks with you.

Sean O'Connery is one such example, though he is one sexy old man.  big_smile

3. twuxedo profile image59
    twuxedoposted 6 years ago

So hard to believe, immortalised at a young age, no one has seen him age, and yet it would have been great to have seen where his life had gone, had that not happened. Same as Marilyn Monroe
    Lady Diana James Dean Jayne Mansfield, Bob Marley, Andy Warhol Che Gueverra and lately Michael Jackson.

4. ladyjane1 profile image86
    ladyjane1posted 6 years ago

I saw a magazine the other day that showed a picture of the young Elvis and said he would have been 75 this year. I already knew this as he was born the same year as my mom. But to imagine how he would have been if he would have lived to this age is interesting. Maybe he would have put out some really good music. Look at Johnny Cash he was still singing til the end. Elvis's whole life is just kind of sad. He still will always be the King of Rock and Roll in my book.

5. 0
    Audreveaposted 6 years ago

Young Elvis was HOT. I am sure I would have been one of those screaming teeny boppers. He and Priscilla must have been the  Brad and Angelina of their day (less children though .. maybe more like Brad and Jen).