jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Wat is the best movie of this decade.??

1. Windsweptplains profile image86
    Windsweptplainsposted 6 years ago

That is a very difficult question! There have been so many films released this past decade that I love. However, if pressed I would probably say... Lord of the Rings.

2. jellydonut25 profile image59
    jellydonut25posted 6 years ago

The Dark Knight would definitely contend IMHO, and if I were forced to make a decision RIGHT NOW, that'd be my answer.

Maybe if I did a little more research or if someone can come up with something better I'd change that answer...

I've never seen Wally or some of the others that might contend though (like No Country for Old Men, Memento, etc) and I'd say Dark Knight was better than my runner-up, Pan's Labyrinth

3. theageofcake profile image76
    theageofcakeposted 6 years ago

I think every choice so far can be soundly justified for various reasons.  I'm impressed thus far.

I've thought quite a bit about this, and I don't know that there is one movie I feel 100% confident in selecting.  I'll make my choice easier by narrowing it down to the two strongest North American films, which would be There Will Be Blood and The Wrestler. 

Both feature what could be the two strongest acting performances of the decade, and tell the standard American story about socially isolated men who are fiercely passionate about - and eventually destroyed by - their work.  Both are also masterfully executed and, while fitting comfortably into the canon of classic film, manage to avoid convention and predictability.

With the western imagery and insanely tense musical score, There Will Be Blood will likely come out on top historically (Which is great, P.T. Anderson is one of the best directors working today), but I'll be damned if both movies aren't equals in a lot of ways.

4. Waffles_FTW profile image59
    Waffles_FTWposted 6 years ago

This is very hard, because there's a lot. I'd say the best  movie would be Spirited Away though. It's a very captivating story with a very good plot. Two other great movies are Zombieland and Howl's Moving Castle.