jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Tell Us Your Playlist

1. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

When I write my hubpages I do like to listen to YouTube music. I have my favourites and through Twitter found a few other good songs. Do you wish to share your top three favourite songs?

So my thread is about sharing our favourite playlists. The rules need to be three YouTube videos only and no more. No thumping head banging stuff and nothing before the 1960's. Folk and instrumental must be kept to a minimum.

I'll start.

Annie Lennox Why

Rodney Carrington Chicken Song Its Great

Queen Live Wembley Bohemian Rahpsody and Radio Gaga.

The bbc code to hyperlink is [ url=youtubelink]name[/url]              (no space between the first [ and then the - url bit - like this [url

You will have to hit the back button on your browser when you have watched the video. Best to right click on mouse and open in new tab.

Your turn..

2. Ken R. Abell profile image85
    Ken R. Abellposted 6 years ago

I usually have www.pandora.com on while I am writing.

My stations are:

John Prine, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Emylou Harris, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Lucinda Williams, Rosanne Cash, Steve Earle, Townes Van Zandt, The Chieftains, Hank Williams,Jr., Mary Gauthier, Neil Young, James McMurtry, Robert Earl Keen, Doc Watson, Charlie Rich

I tend to keep it on quick mix so I get a different mix & match playlist from my favorite artists each time.

3. 0
    blatvaposted 6 years ago

Susumu Hirasawa: Mediational Field 

But I am quite the odd ball  ^^''

4. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

Wii....finetune player
    type in an artist, they make the playlist
    today I typed in Massive Attack....right now its...open up, by leftfields...oh new song...Barabas, by hooverphonic another really really great band. smile
    I may be writing usless emotional hubs all day....

5. Ivorwen profile image85
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I use Pandora, when I want to listen to a playlist of music.

My three favorite stations are Metallica/Trans Siberian Orchestra, Johny Cash/C.W. McCall, and Chris Ledoux.

1. 0
      A Texanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I knew Chris Ledoux, he was a great guy, I miss him!

1. Ivorwen profile image85
        Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I envy you. wink

2. 0
      tequilarosemama4posted 6 years ago

ok while writing on hub pages or even surfing the web i listen to my playlist from www.hypster.com and my top three fav songs are

naturally by selena gomez
      numb/time of our lives linkin park fet miley cyrus
      better then me by hinder

i have many more that i like but we were asked to only list three so i did. enjoy i feel music helps to free the creative writing

3. theageofcake profile image77
      theageofcakeposted 6 years ago

i frequent pandora as well...
      playlists i like include shel silverstein, tom waits, david bowie, daniel johnston, and frank zappa.

here are some songs i like:

kate bush "suspended in gaffa"
      frank zappa "peaches en regalia"
      david bowie "rock n' roll suicide"

4. embitca profile image82
      embitcaposted 6 years ago

I usually have one of two radio stations running, either Technical Web of Sound which plays 60s Psychedelia, or Beyond the Beat Generation, which, urrr, plays the same thing LOL

It's really the only kind of music I can listen to when I'm working, but even then I never have music playing when I'm writing hubs or articles.

For Youtube, I do have a David Gilmour Live playlist set up:

Here's a few faves:
      On the Turning Away

A Great Day for Freedom

Coming Back to Life

Sorry, I'm too lazy for BB code smile

In the car though, my IPod playlist is loaded with Pink Floyd, The Doors, the Clash, The The, Justin Timberlake, Eminem, Yes, The Beatles, Jay-Z, Kayne West and Outkast as well as some other artists you probably never heard of like The Streets, Chipmunk, 88-Keys or Christian Kane.

And I have a bunch of disco crap from the 70s too. I like it when my Ipod plays a disco song, then some Floyd, and then some Rap, then some Doors *g*