jump to last post 1-21 of 21 discussions (29 posts)

A New Idea For A Reality TV Show

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

Since people love to follow celebrity couples, wouldn't it be great if there was a reality show that followed them?  I know I wouldn't watch since I don't understand the reasoning behind people's obsession over it.  However, it does seem like a lucratrive idea though when you think about it.  what are your thoughts on it?  Good Idea? Bad Idea?  Or don't care.  please discuss.  big_smile

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it should be reversed and the contestants are treated as celebrities and have to deal with the paparazzi who get to be as invasive as they want to be because they get to be the ones that vote the contestants off each week. cool

Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

that might be a good idea.

2. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It happens to a certain extent already.  What about Jon and Katie..  (USA Rock on MTV).. dont watch it though.

We have Celebrity big brother.. and lots of celebrity fly on the wall programes here in the UK.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Bad idea and don't care. lol lol lol

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Celebrities are the armpit of humanity. If they were all nuked off the face of the earth, I for one wouldn't notice.

1. EWS profile image60
      EWSposted 6 years ago

Hum, its already been done man.  Hulk Hogen, Ozzy Osbounrne, Run DMZ, Travis Barker.....  MTV has owned 50% of these celebrity reality series (surprise surprise they play NO music videos)

Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well that's why they created M2 for to play the music Mtv doesn't play anymore.  lol

2. Jayne Lancer profile image90
      Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago

Well, I know there was a show on the Osborne Family, and another that followed Jessica Simpson and her husband. I watched each of them a couple of times.

To be perfectly honest, I found them incredibly boring. I really didn't want to know all these things about these people.

But, apparently, the shows were very lucrative.

3. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 6 years ago

We already have more then enough reality TV shows and if I may say so they are really dumb ! Although I must confess watching " Survivor " but that s it !

4. yenajeon profile image82
      yenajeonposted 6 years ago

Like someone said this is NOT a new idea at all. What about Paris Hilton and the Simple life, jessica simpson and nick lachey, tommy lee, flavor flav, britney spears, kim kardashian and on and on!!

5. wyanjen profile image87
      wyanjenposted 6 years ago

How about:
      Kill reality TV. Kill it!

It is BS brain candy that does nothing more than crowd out scripted programming.

Why pay writers, when viewers will happily watch a bunch of jackasses behaving like jackasses?
      tongue

Free garbage is still garbage!

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol

lol lol lol lol lol

I nearly busted a gut with that one Jen. smile

1. wyanjen profile image87
          wyanjenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess you did lol

Would you hire me to write a non-reality TV show?
          Any one of us could write a better show than the trash they are putting in prime time.

There should be HubTV. smile

6. cheaptrick profile image78
      cheaptrickposted 6 years ago

How about a NON Reality show for Psychotics and Schizophrenics where no body knows what the hell is happening!

If you want to hate me for this
      Get in Line!

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
        optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmmm thats a good idea! i think alot of people would watch

7. Happyontheinside profile image60
      Happyontheinsideposted 6 years ago

I'd like to see one where every week the public kick another member out of the houses of parliament. comedy gold.

8. theirishobserver. profile image60
      theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Hubbers Mud Wrestling....Yes.....Hubbers Mud Wrestling.....Hubbers Mud Wrestling International....Yes......I am prepared to put myself forward in an International Hubbers Mud Wrestling challenge.........now bring it on....I will start with Sahzwellyn......then the headline could be.....Tantrum vs Tex........then Myownworld and Salt just splash about a little.....Skyfire can referee......now there is reality TV on an international level....bring it on smile

9. theirishobserver. profile image60

International Hubbers wet tee shirt competition....and the Hoff...to determine who is Hubtastic and who is Hublicious smile

10. manlypoetryman profile image74
      manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

Jackson Family Legacy...I don't like reality TV...and hardly any current other regular airing show. If it ain't sports, movie, history, or a successful running previously comedy TV series...I ain't watching. Then, one cold Sunday afternoon...Jacky, Marlon, Tito, and Jermaine...came on with a reality show...and now I'm going nuts waiting to see if they will put together 2 new songs for an upcoming show that they are contractual obligated to put on...(apparently...some kind of deal made before Michael's death)...How does this happen? I have enough things to worry about...before this!

11. theirishobserver. profile image60

whats happening Manly, caught with the old bug, reality TV.....ah sure you could be doing worse smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image74
        manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Irish...How does this happen...it is like they are off the air now...I keep checking the A&E channel that show was on...and nada...they need to have the show where they work together to make the 2 new songs...this simply has to happen...lol !

12. theirishobserver. profile image60

manly, when I was growing up my sisters all watched SOAPS cornation street, Eastenders, etc crap.....I swore I would never watch them......now if I miss them 3 nights per week I have to watch the repeats....I just dont know..... smile

13. mimran profile image61
      mimranposted 6 years ago

wow, i like your idea.

14. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

I love American Idol and Britains Got Talent, I like the see the youth involved in sining to whole away their time and there are lots of talents also

15. theirishobserver. profile image60

prettydarkhorse, I have made two suggestions for new show, what do you think...in or out smile

16. theirishobserver. profile image60

evershine, just looked at your Hub great pics...smile

17. Myn Is Me profile image73
      Myn Is Meposted 6 years ago

if you suggest a show that you wouldn't watch or even like then its bound to be a crap show that no one else would want to watch either

18. lovelypaper profile image67
      lovelypaperposted 6 years ago

There are too many reality shows, but I did watch The Real Life on MTV? Is that what it was?

working