jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

The Secret and it's Spinoffs

1. markunder5 profile image60
    markunder5posted 8 years ago

Does anybody know anything about "The Secret" and the many things it has spun off?

The secret has always seemed a bit weird to me but a friend of mine is trying to turn me on to a new movie, "The Secret Things of God"

Any experience here?  Anybody?

Thanks much

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I heard the Secret was written by aliens...from another planet!? no less. You won't catch me acting on secrets from an alien! regardless of how much money it makes me.

I think abundance is a good thing, but not at the expense of my immortal soul!

markunder5posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Aliens - wow?

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
          SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago in reply to this

seriously folks?!  suppose to be funny!  But yes, it did originally come from New Age channelers that believe they connect with aliens that are here to help us. OF course it has turned into a big commercial interprise. There's always someone wanting and able to capitalize on the power of money, especially when they mix it in with "good aspects"

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

The Secret is just a hyped-up book about an idea which has been around for ages -  The Law of Attraction.

The Law of Attraction is basically about the importance of thinking positively and believing in yourself.   If you think and act positively and take responsibility for yourself, good things will come to you.   It can be summarised as Believe, Achieve, Receive.

The Secret is so successful because it conveniently forgets about the "Achieve" part - so it appeals to the lazy gene in all of us!  It says all you have to do is ask (God, the universe or whatever you believe in) for what you want, believe you will get it, and it will come.  In other words - Ask, Believe, Receive.

Of course, that means they have a neat get-out for anyone who questions whether it works.  if it doesn't work, it's only because you didn't believe enough.

markunder5posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Okay - thank you.

working