jump to last post 1-21 of 21 discussions (29 posts)

who should replace Simon Cowell?

1. Myn Is Me profile image80
    Myn Is Meposted 6 years ago

I've already made a short list of 5. Who should I sent it to? LOL!

And I've got an even longer list of people who should never under-any-circumstances ever be given Simon's job. I'm giving that list to a friend of a friend who does contract killing. LMAO. just kidding!

who do others think should be in the hot seat for season nine 2011?

1. leeberttea profile image61
      leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think I should because I'm just as honest and outspoken and I'm younger and much better looking too.

1. PrettyPanther profile image85
        PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And if that's really you in your avatar, you won't need Simon's tight shirts, either.  big_smile

2. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have never seen the show. What's Erkel doin ?

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Anyone would be better. smile lol lol

3. Myn Is Me profile image80
    Myn Is Meposted 6 years ago

not sure about that. i saw Avril on the show and she was like a bit of chewed up gum stuck to the judging panel and brought nothing to the mix.

maybe they should have a reality program 'the search for a new simon cowell"!!!!!

and people get judged on theyre judging abilities!!

4. Ann Nonymous profile image82
    Ann Nonymousposted 6 years ago

Steve Carell...He knows how to run an office...he should be able to run a show...LOL

5. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

I heard they're thinking about Howard Stern.

1. Michael Willis profile image76
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And I will stop watching if Howard Stern is there. Can't stand to hear this man. I hope they do not choose him.

6. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

I think the show will lose viewers' interest without Simon; it won't last - that's my bet.

1. cabinetkings profile image60
      cabinetkingsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Lily Rose -- Simon is probably the most entertaining part of the entire show. No one can bash a terrible singer quite the way he can with his British accent.

7. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Piers...the British guy on America's got talent. He can be brutally honest also. The show needs that to help the contestants. All the fluffy, you are dressed nice, sounds great does nothing to develop these young men and women for a future in the music industry.
    Simon might sound horrid at times, but he is nothing compared to what they will see in the real world. And lots of it is for entertainment from Simon. It helps the ratings. Many contestants have learned and pushed themselves to do better by hearing cold hard truths.
    And loved the week that Katy Perry filled in. She should have been Paula's replacement. Talk about abrasive. lol She told it as it was to those at the auditions.

8. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

I'd just leave Simon's chair vacant.  'Twould be an improvement to my mind.

9. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

10. becca7176 profile image60
    becca7176posted 6 years ago

Heard rumors about Harry Connick Jr.  That might work.  He was a good mentor.

11. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Sarah Ferguson (Fergie) would be perfect.... she is VERY Bribable yikes

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Plus she needs the money  lol

12. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

Stern works! how about mark cuban or bill o'reilly

13. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

eric cartmen

14. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

me big_smile

15. Megavitamin profile image86
    Megavitaminposted 6 years ago

I think it's got to be someone with knowledge of the music industry.  They added Ellen to address the performance aspect, so they need to put another music person in there or else it will dilute their credibility.  I really liked Posh Spice when she judged the auditions.

I'd love it if Paula came back--I miss her nonsense babble!

1. mrpopo profile image87
      mrpopoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I miss her nonsense babble too. It's what kept me watching the show big_smile

16. fastfreta profile image81
    fastfretaposted 6 years ago

No one, the show is going down the tubes anyway.  I think the show has run its course, just like Star Search did in years gone by.

17. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I was amazed that Victoria Beckham did a very good job as a judge.

18. Azure11 profile image87
    Azure11posted 6 years ago

Yes, they need someone who will tell it like it is but not just for the sake of causing controversy. I'm not up with the US presenters so yes I would go for Piers Morgan or Nigel Lithgoe.

19. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I think its likely to be Piers Morgan.

Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan work together on various British shows, and Piers Morgan has filled in for Simon Cowell in the UK on numerous occassions.

American Idol, and the UK version Pop Idol, were created by Simon Fuller (another Brit).

Nigel Lythgoe is a producer on American Idol, and a business partner of Simon Fuller.

With so much Brit influence, and a large British audience, I suspect that it is likely another Brit will take his place.

Pier Morgan is the only one who I feel can fit the bill if they do choose to fill the void with a Brit.

1. Instgtr profile image80
      Instgtrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I second Piers...  The guy would be a perfect replacement!

20. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 6 years ago

What is american idol without Simon, he is the show.

21. chigoiyke profile image60
    chigoiykeposted 6 years ago

I think I will make a good replacement. lol. I know good music when I hear one and I will make a better jugde. am damn serious