jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Oscar Snubbs

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

Now that the nominations are official, who do you all think got snubbed in the Oscar nominations.  Please remember to say which category you're talking about too.  Example:

"I think Invictus got snubbed for the Best Picture nomination." 

You don't have to say it exactly like that, as you can say it in your own words.  I was just giving you an example.  Please share your thoughts on who got snubbed.

1. mkrobb profile image59
      mkrobbposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Where The Wild Things Are got snubbed for almost everything: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Score, Best Art Direction. It didn't even get something for special effects.

1. jellydonut25 profile image60
        jellydonut25posted 7 years ago in reply to this

haven't seen it but I heard it was pretty underwhelming in terms of everything except for the effects...

2. theageofcake profile image75
        theageofcakeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you here.  Where the Wild Things Are was a quiet but great movie in a lot of ways.

Two overlooked films I thought deserved to be included in the category of Best Adapted Screenplay - Fantastic Mr. Fox and Where the Wild Things Are.  An Education and Precious were both hugely overrated and not particularly well written.

I also new it wasn't going to happen, but I really wish The Invention of Lying got a writing nomination as well.

And Tilda Swinton in Julia was the best performance of the year - she was so cheated.

2. mr. daydream profile image60
      mr. daydreamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Invictus tanked, and received too many "fair" reviews from too many major critics. A lot of times, if a movie fails to garner a lot of attention, the studio will usually be skeptical about putting too much more promotion (resulting in more money) behind it as far as touting it as an oscar contender to the academy. It rather go with a more successful oscar worthy movie that it has faith in, like that Sandra Bullock movie "The Blind Side". Warner produced both off these movies.

Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I understand what you're saying about that, as I don't disagree with you.  However, I merely  said that as an example for everyone on the thread.  lol.  however, thanks for your input anyway.

2. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

I think cagsil got snubbed for documentary

Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago in reply to this

really? i didn't even know he made one.  whats his documentary about?

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

um.... I think ancient warriors. Ya that's it. hmm:

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol

3. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 7 years ago

4. Stevennix2001 profile image83

i was going to mention some of your suggestion in my oscar predictions.  where in part 2, i was going to list oscar snubbs.  however, since nobody seems to care to list actual opinions here.  lol.  I'll just come up with them on my own.  lol.  oh well, it's like the joker said in "The Dark Knight", "if you want something done right, you have to do everything yourself."  lol.

5. jellydonut25 profile image60
    jellydonut25posted 7 years ago

I'm not sure that there were many SNUBS this year...It would have been nice to see Moon pick up a nomination (Sam Rockwell's performance is incredible) and Sharlto Copley deserved some recognition for his work in District 9 (as does director Neill Blomkamp) but there was pretty much no way those things were going to happen

6. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 7 years ago

I was just wondering who Oscar Snubbs is!

1. jellydonut25 profile image60
      jellydonut25posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think he's the guy that made THIS webpage
      http://www.idiom.com/~chardlee/snubbs.html

2. Megavitamin profile image88
      Megavitaminposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He's my uncle.

7. Stevennix2001 profile image83

i just wanted to say thanks to everyone the participated in this forum but i finally have all the info i need on the oscar nominations, so I won't be taking anymore suggestions for snubs.  thanks everyone for being so nice to offer up some of your suggestions.  thanks.

working