why is it that people cant accept the fact that it would be totally fair for men to leave it up and women to leave it down? each partner should have to move it in order to use it that makes it FAIR.. why should men always have to put it down? that is just another way for a woman to get her way i mean cmon ladies it isnt that BIG of a deal... and by the way iam a woman!!
What an awesome post. I have often wondered this myself. I have often been on the receiving end of this argument, when I express the fact that there are more males than females in those house, I am giving that logic breaking stare that could sink a thousand ships.
Hi Greeneyes (I have green eyes too), good to see you're a woman writing this.
But you really ought to insist on the loo seat being kept down. According to Feng Shui, leaving it up causes you to lose wealth, because it attracts money to go down the drain. Now don't ask me the ins and outs of this theory, because I've no idea. But it could be true.
And that's why I always keep it down -- except when I'm using it, of course.
Do you know, there are women who insist that men sit down when having a pee, in case of misses. That's one thing I'd never, ever do.
I agree with you. It doesn't bother me to have to put the seat down, but I grew up with three brothers and no sisters, so I became accustomed to checking it before I sat down. Now, I'm the only female in a house of four, so I still have to check it!
I agree, that is such a trivial thing just like which way the toilet paper is rolled or the toothpaste being squeezed from the top, bottom or middle. People need to get a grip and a life. if that's all they have to complain about they should be rejoicing.
personally i just pee all over the seat and don't worry about it.
Right on. In fact, my argument is that it should remain UP.
Do women not look before they leap? I mean, come on, yelling at me for leaving the seat up is like me yelling at you for closing the lid. If I'm dumb enough to let fly without checking to make sure the lid is up, I deserve to have to clean up splashed pee. If women are dumb enough to not LOOK before they sit on the toilet, they deserve a wet ass.
Seriously, you'd think they would be happy that the seat was up because it means we didn't pee on it.
Next thing, women will want us to WIPE for them too
rules men should know about women
1. Don't ever lie to us, we always find out.
2. We don't enjoy talking dirty to you as much as you enjoy listening.
3. Don't say you understand when you don't.
4. Girls are petty, get over it.
5. You don't have PMS; don't act like you know what it's like.
6. Saying something sweet might get you off the hook; doing something sweet will always get you off the hook.
7. If you talk about having a big dick, we know you don't.
8. Zit's happen to everyone. Yes, Mr. Perfect, even to you.
9. We don't like it when you act like Mr Big; we like it when you are Mr Big.
10.A system in your car only impresses your homeboys.
11. No matter what you say, your ex girlfriend is a pig.
12. It's good to be sensitive, sometimes.
13. If you did something wrong or even if you didn't, apologize.
14. Be spontaneous, dinner and a movie won't always cut it.
15. We are self-conscious by nature, we can't help it.
16. We are drama queens.
17. Fashion police do exist.
18. Don't ask us to give head; if you are nice you just might get it.
19. We absolutely do not care about monster trucks, or anything else you and your friends talk about, like: how much you know about the video games, porn, computers, Star Wars, etc.
20. Hugs and kisses must be given at all times.
21. We don't shave our legs every day, get over it.
22. Don't make bets about us, we always find out.
23. Shave - no matter how cool you think it looks, we hate it.
24. Even if you think it is cool to burp, fart, or emit other strange gases from your body, it's not.
25. Don't compare our breasts with Brittany Spear's, hers are fake.
26. It is not cool to shoot snot rockets.
27. We are beautiful, but make-up helps.(All girls love makeup, do not call us prissy or tell us we worry to much about the way we look for wearing it.)
28. We will always think we are fat so humor us and tell us we aren't.
29. It doesn't make you look cool to make fun of someone else.
30. If you ever beat us in a sport or game, it's always because you cheated, even if you didn't.
an rules women should know about men
Now it's time for the man's rules. We always hear "the rules" for the feminine side. Ok - we are now going to hear the rules from the man's side. These are our rules! Please note these are all numbered "1" on purpose.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.
1. Sometimes, we are not thinking about you. Live with it.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport, and no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work
Strong hints do not work
Obvious hints do not work
Just say it!
1. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
1. Check your oil! Please.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done, not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colours, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1. I'm in shape. -ROUND is a shape.
ONLY MEANT FOR HUMOR
there is toilet lifter where you step on it and the seat will be back in its place available at AMAZON, hehehe
I came across it while writing my hub about coolest and funniest inventions LOL<
I actually asked my husband this very question, and he told me that for him it was always a majority thing. When he was a kid he was the only male allowed to use the girls' bathroom because he didn't mess it up like his brothers did. Later, he lived in a house with his then-wife and three girls. After a mishap with one of the girls in the middle of the night when she was about three years old...and which apparently angered her to the point of fantasized homicide...he seems to have never forgotten again . Now it's either just me and him in the house, or us and my son, so technically the seat SHOULD be left up, but this previous conditioning prevents him from doing so. That...and a probably not-irrational fear that our 15lb. miniature schnaupin will try to go for a swim if the seat were left up.
lol..up or down, no big deal..the person who needs to use it can take a quick second and move it to the position they need it in...
I have never been a stickler about the position of a toilet seat, no matter if it is in my house or anywhere else I go.
@ Pinky _
THAT IS SO FREAKIN FUNNY, I ABOUT SPIT POP OUT OF MY NOSE! lmfao!!
lmao i thought it was funny cuz terry and i were talking bout this the other night.. he did something and was all its a man rule so i went to googling and i'll be damned if it wasnt but then i found woman rules for men lol
we got a good laugh out of it
It makes we want to post or email you some hilarious , yet un - postable, text messages I get every day..I know you would laugh your arse off...lmfao!
It's ok ladies sit back and be a good passenger we'll handle the decisions that way you can rest and keep yourself looking pretty!
My solution is to pee alongside my dogs when I take them out for a walk. No arguments about whether the grass should be up or down.
by Mamelody6 years ago
Seriously it takes less than a second to do, doesn't require any thought just.. wham it and close it when you're done... period! Just don't mess my lovely cushon decor on it Ladies, does it annoy you when the toilet...
by andycool9 months ago
It's a fact that most of the men idolize big breasts. Every year women spend millions on breast implants and other cosmetic procedures to improve their breasts including enlargement pills, pumps and creams.Considering...
by rakuba6 years ago
What do you think about it?
by Dawn Michael5 years ago
Some men just like to date some women for fun and then others they want to marry, what is the difference between the two.
by Joy566 years ago
Not about religion or anything deep, just a kind of play fight,,,,,, just to brighten up the day.
by earnestshub7 years ago
Not just on hubpages, but our whole social structure seems to have a myth that men are more promiscuous than women, with the never ending stories of unfaithful husband and the much mentioned "Most men will screw...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.