jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (26 posts)

Hands up who likes death metal???

1. marcel285 profile image83
    marcel285posted 6 years ago

If you do, and havn't heard of eluveitie, You must!! Anyone know of any good metal bands? Not TOO hard out ones though, i like metal mixed with soft sounds and voices mainly.

1. camo3166 profile image60
      camo3166posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you heard the new All that remains. They are pretty metal and have a lil singing involved. Parkwaydrive is also amazing!!!!! they are crazy australians smile : ) i hope that helps a little

2. camo3166 profile image60

Do you like Killswitch engage? or is that too heavy? Im trying to think of what area you are in for metal

3. politicsdaylee profile image60
      politicsdayleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I play in a metal band I love it!

4. MetalstromFans profile image61
      MetalstromFansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How about UNSUN - Whispers?

5. Richieb799 profile image66
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

In that case you will love Deftones very melodic but with heavy spots, you probably know them though, more regular metal
      Try Tool and A Perfect Circle.. I also like some Mortis which someone else mentioned

6. Misfitmom423 profile image61
      Misfitmom423posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Heavy Metal is AWESOME!

Some bands you would like are Within Temptaion,Leaves Eyes, Nightwish, Epica, Krypteria, and Sonata Arctica.

7. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You liked Eluveitie, you might like Amon Amarth. I hate both. But then I'm an Azarath fan. wink

8. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

SYLOSIS are a great young Melodic Death Metal band from England.

2. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

I know of many death metal bands, but NONE are mixed with soft sounds and voices..

3. marcel285 profile image83
    marcel285posted 6 years ago

Eluveitie is..But it's death metal mixed with folk and melodic

And Opeth, the singer has a nice sweet voice when he actually sings.

1. 0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

Opeth is not traditional death metal..

pick up some old Metal Church, Exodus, Etc. and you will know how death metal began and the concept of it.

Im in my 30's, so I was there during the first big expolosion when its roots were formed..

marcel285posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know. Like i say, it's not exactly traditional death metal that is my preference. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest some good bands, as i need to update my playlist!

1. 0
          china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interestingly it is very popular in China - they have done about what you describe with it and fused it with Scottish bagpipes, Irish folk and anything else they like !  They also like the German rock music that I hate the most, I don't know what it is called but sounds like it is being vomited out to wall of sound type tuneless guitar and heavy beat - all in strange leather bondage type clothes and goth makeup.

I would upload some for you as I have CD - but don't know how ! I have a Chinese wedding hub in progress and my friend in the foreground of the Mickey and Minnie mouse shot is rated in China's top ten rock musicians - and he writes his own stuff.

2. Onusonus profile image86
      Onusonusposted 6 years ago

Check out Brujeria, they have some members of Fear factory with them and a spanish speaking lead singer.
      "Llego la troca
      Cien kilos de la blanca
      Hay que pintarlas
      Con sangre de perro"

marcel285posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cheers for the suggestion! I like! -Marijuana- LOL!!

3. Sufidreamer profile image80
      Sufidreamerposted 6 years ago

Not sure if I know many Death Metal bands with 'soft' voices. Like BC Boutique, I'm pretty old-school - not into Cradle of Filth etc.

I don't know if you have heard of Bathory - they started out as Black Metal and then became pioneers of the Scandinavian metal. Well worth a listen.

Amorphis - a decent Finnish band. Tuonela is a good album.

Mortiis - used to be in Emperor, makes some good electronic based metal

Ramallah - Just found their album, 'But a Whimper,' and it is excellent.

Tuatha de Danaan - Celtic influenced. Not the biggest fan, but some of the stuff is OK

Whispering Forest - They do this gothic metal thing. OK if I am in the right mood.

7 angels, 7 plagues - Not bad

That's all I can think of smile

1. camo3166 profile image60

I used to listen to some amorphis and 7 angels 7 plagues. Its been a long time dude !!!!

4. SummerSteward profile image59
      SummerStewardposted 6 years ago

Fall of Troy. Brilliant!

5. starvagrant profile image83
      starvagrantposted 6 years ago

for those of you still confused: Cannibal Corpse, Nile, and Krisiun. All brutal bands.

6. optimus grimlock profile image60
      optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

i do!!! especially during a workout!!!

7. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 6 years ago

Give me Korn anyday!!! John Davis on his bagpipes half way through a loud arse thrashing just tickles me and makes me chuckle!!

8. BlackSun profile image61
      BlackSunposted 6 years ago

Cannibal Corpse,Death,Cradle of Filth,Killswitch Engage,Archenemy,Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Trivium, Morbid angel & so many more
      Basically all types of metal.

9. wademcmaster profile image57
      wademcmasterposted 6 years ago

Hard Metal is my therapy.  It motivates me and channels my aggression.  I do like Trivium, Machine Head, Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, and heaps more

10. William R. Wilson profile image60
      William R. Wilsonposted 6 years ago

Seconding All That Remains.  And my favorite ever band is Between the Buried and Me from Raleigh - melodic, prog metal that is soooooo good. 

I have a family connection to the band Hephystus, also from Raleigh - check them out, they are good songwriters, very melodic, but not very death.

And I dig old timey God Forbid quite a bit too.

11. aslanlight profile image79
      aslanlightposted 5 years ago

To me Hypocrisy's the best death metal band.