jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Oscar Predictions for the 82nd Academy Awards

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

I just wanted to officially announce I have finished my oscar hub predictions for this  year's annual academy awards.  normally, I would never self promote myself like this, but I decided to make an exception this one time.  You see, unlike most of you, the Academy Awarads ceremony is like my own personal holiday.  You see, over the years I've come to not only love almost all genres of films, but to understand and appreciate it's deep history.  That's why I put so much work into it for the past couple of months.  Granted the nominations weren't official until earlier this month, but I did spend most of the time planning and  mapping  out the format I wanted to go with.  Trying to decide how would be the best way to come up with my predictions, while doing  somethiing completely different what everyone else on hubpages was doing.  That's why it took me so long to get these two hubs done.  That and I had to make time to see every film nominated, as well as the actors/actresses that were nominated for their films.  Indeed, it was a long process and a lot of work.  Which is why I would like to ask all the hubbers on hubpages to check out my profile and read my oscar predictions for 2010.  it would mean a lot to me if you did, as I put a lot of work into it.  Plus, it would be kind of a shame if nobody voted in the polls I put up for every major category I go over. 

In part 2 of the Oscar predictions, I even put up trailers for all the movies being nominated for "Best Picture" as well, along with Oscar Snubs, based off some of your suggestions in the "Oscar Snubbs" forum. 

Also, I put up links in part 1, to where you can see other hubbers Oscar predictions too.  Besides, why should I only be promoting myself, when I can promote them too.  I hope they don't mind me including links to their hubs, as I just wanted to honor them too.  Besides, if it weren't for them, I never would've officially decided to go with my format to begin with. Anyway, thank you all for your time, and please vote in the polls when you look at my two oscar prediction hubs.  anyway, i hope you all have a wonderful day!

1. Faybe Bay profile image83
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am going now to read! I cannot believe, you of all people, have received no replies to your post!

2. TheGlassSpider profile image81
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

I didn't realize it was here! Hey Stevennix *waves* smile

3. Faybe Bay profile image83
    Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago

And great with voting! big_smile

4. Faybe Bay profile image83
    Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago

Just thought I would stop by and make sure these hubs get noticed. We must vote and take note, so we can see if we were right. Thanks stevenix

5. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

hi glassSpider (waves back) and hello to you too faybe.  thanks so much for checking out the new oscar hubs i just finished.  it means a lot to me that you girls not only read it, but voted in it as well. thanks again ladies

1. TheGlassSpider profile image81
      TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh I love Hubs that have something to vote for in them! I ought to put some voting capsules in my hubs. smile

6. jellydonut25 profile image61
    jellydonut25posted 6 years ago

Now that I've seen a good deal of the films, I unfortunately feel like Avatar will win a LOT of awards...

Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah, i agree.

1. jellydonut25 profile image61
        jellydonut25posted 6 years ago in reply to this

nothing else was THAT good. I mean, I LIKED Hurt Locker, Up, District 9, and Precious more than Avatar, but they all had flaws that made me think, "The box office take of Avatar is a trump card that none of these films can outdo"

which sucks, because Avatar is easily the most flawed film of the bunch...

Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i don't disagree.  although i did like avatar a lot, i don't think it deserves to win.  if it were up to me, i'd give it to precious or district 9.

working