jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Shutter Island - What did you think?

1. Nick17Pierce19 profile image61
    Nick17Pierce19posted 6 years ago

I've heard alot of people saying this was a great film, just not what they expected. Who all out there has seen the movie? What did you think?

1. Megavitamin profile image87
      Megavitaminposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I saw it this weekend.  Everyone I know who has seen it has a different opinion.  I really liked it, but I didn't go in with any crazy expectations from the trailer (that's most people's complaint, but I don't know what they thought it was going to be).  If you like Scorsese's style of directing, you'll probably like it.  Hope you post your opinion in here after/if you see it!

1. Nick17Pierce19 profile image61
        Nick17Pierce19posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I also really liked it but two of my friends that went with me didn't think it was very good at all. They were expecting something very different. Oh well, good for me I guess!

2. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

i loved it.  in fact, it was one of the few movies out there where you think you know what's going to happen from  watching the trailer, but when you actually see it you don't know.  I love movies like that as it keeps you on your toes. plus, the story could easily work either way if you stop to think about it.  if you think the guy is crazy, then there's a lot evidence to support it.  however, if you think he's set up, there's also a lot of evidence to support that as well.  it's truly is an amazing movie, as i love how it can be interpreted in many ways.  great movie.  in fact, it's probably one of scorsese's best.  smile

3. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Does it make sense? Is it really good?smile

4. 59
    probafixposted 6 years ago

ya......its really gud.

1. moviemick profile image61
      moviemickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, it's definitely worth checking out if you're interested in the genre.