Favorite movie line???

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 107 discussions (153 posts)
  1. Jess Killmenow profile image60
    Jess Killmenowposted 14 years ago

"Just the fax, ma'am" - from one of those "Die Hard" movies

"Up your shaft" - Scotty to the elevator in Star Trek III - The Search for Spok

"I hate Nazis" - Indiana Jones

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Maybe this is just as good as it gets...

Jack Nicholson, i think the film has the same name actually

3. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Last one from me:

'They was giving me ten thousand watts a day, you know, and I'm hot to trot! The next woman takes me on's gonna light up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars!'

- One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

love that film

4. Jess Killmenow profile image60
    Jess Killmenowposted 14 years ago

Oh yeah, Nicholson in <b>Mars Attacks</b>

"Why can't we all just get along."

5. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

"I see dead people" = Sixth Sense.

This make me laugh now, because Simon Cowell (XFactor Judge) wore a Hat that had "I see dumb people" printed on it a while ago. He is nicer to people now. smile

1. profile image50
      BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see dead people everyday, they are called workmates !

6. Don W profile image83
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away . . . . "

7. Don W profile image83
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

"Listen, you f***ing fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your f***ing Jacobs off."

Snatch

8. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Really anything Will Ferrell has said.
    " I have something to say... if you don't like it... just throw it back... I wanna be on you... No, no, I'm sorry... wait, wait.. I wanna be on you."

9. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Favorite Bette Davis line from Now, Voyager...

"Why reach for the moon when we have the stars?"

That ending line kills me.

10. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

EVERYONE!

if you are a fan of Gary Oldman (yum) you will appreciate this stunning movie moment).

11. qbanmamiof2 profile image62
    qbanmamiof2posted 14 years ago

Apollo 13 - "Houston, We've got a problem"

Forrest Gump - "Mama always said that life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gon' get"

12. profile image0
    SalesScoopposted 14 years ago

Suppose Nancy sees me coming out of the shower and decides to come on to me. I'm looking good, got a luscious v of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro. She takes one look at me and goes " Oh my god, I've had the old bull now I want the young calf" and she grabs me by the weiner.
    --------------------------

"Okay, here's the shot out of the cannon: Oprah, Barbara Walters, your wife. You gotta f*#k one, marry one, kill one, go!" - Step Brothers
    ---------------------------
    Sporting Goods Manager: [after Dale finishes his very prolonged fart] Was that a fart?

Dale Doback: I don't know.

Sporting Goods Manager: I can taste it. On my tongue.

Dale Doback: Okay, I'll be honest with you. I did fart.

Sporting Goods Manager: Is that onion? Onion and... Onion and ketchup.

Dale Doback: It stinks. And this is a small room.

Brennan Huff: Shit.

Sporting Goods Manager: Okay. Now the tuxedos seem kind of f*%ked up.
    -------------------------------

The only reason you're living here is because me and my dad decided that your mom was really hot, and maybe we should just both bang her, and we'll put up with the retard in the meantime.

I love Step Brothers

13. profile image0
    SalesScoopposted 14 years ago

Man, this was a neat post. What happened? Did it die?

14. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

The Crow:
    "Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children"

15. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

"Oh see, now that pisses me off. First of all, we have over 400 plaintiffs here, and, let's be honest, we all know there are more out there. They may not be the most sophistcated people but they do know how to divide and 20 million dollars isn't shit when you split it between them. Second of all, these people don't dream about being rich. They dream about being able to let their kids swim in a pool without worrying that they'll have to have a hysterectomy by the age of 20, like Rosa Fields, a client of ours. Or have their spine deteriorate, like Stan Bloom, another client of ours. So before you come back here with another lame-ass offer, I want you to think real hard about what your spine is worth Mr. Walker. Or how much you'd expect somebody to pay you for your uteris Ms. Sanchez. Then you take out your calculator, and you multiply that number by a hundred. Anything less than that is a waste of our time. By the way, we had that water brought in special for you folks.

Came from a well in Hinkley."
    -Julia Roberts, Erin Brockovich

16. Deborah-Lynn profile image61
    Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years ago

As.......you......wiiiiishhhhh!....."bump"  "tumble"  "bump!" "BUMP!"

Did everyone remember this one?  When the poor stable boy becomes the Dreaded Black Pirate and confronts the Princess Bride and she shoves him down the hill........................ouch!

1. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Inconceivable!!!

1. Ivorwen profile image66
        Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll explain, and I will use small words that you are sure to understand -- you warthog faced buffoon.

17. Dominionmaster2 profile image61
    Dominionmaster2posted 14 years ago

Breakfast Club: What screw sir? Screws fall out all the time, the worlds an imperfect place.
    Liam Neeson in Taken,what I have are a particular set of skills, if you let my daughter and her friend go nothing will come of this, but if you don't I will find you! And I will Kill you!

18. blaise25 profile image73
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

"May I ask your name, my Lady?
    Or perhaps angels have no names,
    only beautiful faces."

--A Knight's Tale

19. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

"Say hello to my little friend"  Scarface

20. Below-average Joe profile image60
    Below-average Joeposted 14 years ago

Of course, Jack Torrence to Wendy:
    "Wendy, darling, light of my life.  I'm not gonna hurt ya.  You didn't let me finish my sentence.  I said I'm not gonna hurt ya.  I'm just gonna bash your brains in.  I'm gonna bash 'em right the f*** in."

21. QueenaVerbosity profile image59
    QueenaVerbosityposted 14 years ago

Ah, what a great post! 

"Life moves pretty fast, and if you don't stop to look around once in awhile, you could miss it."  FERRIS BUELLER

"I'll have what she's having." (Rob Reiner's mother in the diner after Sally's fake orgasm) WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

22. Wonder_Woman profile image59
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

Step brothers (watched it too many times, bf’s fav movie)

Top 10 Funniest Most Memorable Step Brothers Quotes
    1.    –Dale Doback, “Barbara Walters, Oprah, your wife. You gotta f*** one, kill one, and marry one, go!”
    2.    –Dale Doback, “You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.”
    3.    –Dale Doback, “Can we turn our beds into bunkbeds?”, –Brennan Huff “It will give us so much extra space in our room to do activities!”, –Dr. Robert Doback, “Your adults, you can do what you want.”, –Dale Doback “This is the funnest night ever!”
    4.    –Alice, “Stay golden, Ponyboy.”
    5.    –Brennan Huff, “You better not close your eyes, because as soon as you do, I’m gonna punch you square in the face!”
    6.    –Dale Doback, “I manage a baseball team.” –Nancy Huff, “Oh, little league?”, –Dale Doback “Fantasy league.”
    7.    –Brennan Huff “I swear, I’m so pissed off at my mom. As soon as she’s of age, I’m putting her in a home.”
    8.    –Dale Doback, “Why are you so sweaty?” Brennan Huff, “I was watching Cops.”
    9.    –Dale Doback, “My dad and I decided that Nancy’s kind of hot, so maybe we should just both bang her and in the meantime deal with the retard.”, Brennan Huff “Who’s the retard?”
    10.    –Nancy Huff “You yelled “rape” at the top of your lungs.”, Brennan Huff “Mom, I honestly thought I was going to be raped for a second. He had the craziest look in his eyes, and at one point he said “let’s get it on.”"

23. Wonder_Woman profile image59
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

HANGOVER:

Old Man at Gas Station: “That’s a sweet ride.”
    Alan: “Yeah…don’t touch it. Don’t even look at it. Don’t even look at me. Just go. I don’t care, I’ll hit an old man in public.”

24. profile image56
    C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

A Few Good Men
    written by Aaron Sorkin

Jessep(Jack Nicholson): You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
    We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
    Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
    Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
    Jessep: You're goddamn right I did!!

25. Dominionmaster2 profile image61
    Dominionmaster2posted 14 years ago

Clint eastwood. NAG, NAG, NAG!

26. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Make my day  Clint Eastwood  and Google

27. R P Chapman profile image61
    R P Chapmanposted 14 years ago

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate" from Cool Hand Luke.

Comes to mind very often when browsing a lot of the threads on the hubpages forums! big_smile

28. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

The Empire Strikes Back:

Leia: "I love you..."

Han: "I know."

29. rhamson profile image71
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

Dirty Harry. "A man has got to know his limitations"

30. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

From the Godfather;

Leave the Gun, Get the canolli

31. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

From Pretty Woman

Edward Lewis: So what happens after he climbs up and rescues her?
    Vivian: She rescues him right back

32. RKHenry profile image62
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

"Stupid is as stupid does..."

33. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

From Independence Day, after whoopin ET's Butt

"I coulda been at a barbecue!"

34. jayjay40 profile image67
    jayjay40posted 14 years ago

From the life of Brian
       He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

35. Drifter0658 profile image60
    Drifter0658posted 14 years ago

Gene Hackman has Danny Devito at the wrong end of a shotgun:

Devito asks,"I suppose you wanna hear my last words?"

Hackman replies, "Just did," and then pulls the trigger.

36. Below-average Joe profile image60

"If they hadn'ta done what I told 'em not to do, they'd still be alive."
    -Mr. Blonde, "Reservoir Dogs"

37. Below-average Joe profile image60

"They say toupe is very soothing."
    -Rusty, "Ocean's 11"

38. michael1mars profile image41
    michael1marsposted 14 years ago

The Godfather ''I made him an Offer he can't refuse.''

1. kingbyname profile image59
      kingbynameposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Also from The Godfather: "Luca Brasi held a gun to his head and my father assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract.  That's a true story.  That's my family Kay, it's not me."

Spoken by Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) who turns out to be even more ruthless than his father.

39. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

Immortality, take it, it's yours!!!

40. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

"First you want to kill me, then you kiss me....Blow"

Ash in Armies of Darkness

41. rhamson profile image71
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

"If it ain't, it'll do until the mess gets here,"

Tommy Lee Jones in "No Country for Old Men"

42. Flightkeeper profile image67

Have you seen the muffin man? Shrek

43. profile image0
    Revive@OwnRiskposted 14 years ago

"Maawidge!" The priest in Princess Bride

44. Flightkeeper profile image67

There's no crying in baseball! A League of Their Own.

45. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

I always found this line from Me and You And Everyone We Know to be significant: "I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it. "

46. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Go ahead make my day! Clint eastwood as Harry Callahan in Sudden Impact

47. Naomi R. Cox profile image60
    Naomi R. Coxposted 14 years ago

Gone With The Wind: Rhett Butler, "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn." Then turns and walks away leaving Scarlett crying.

48. resspenser profile image72
    resspenserposted 14 years ago

It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We got a half a tank of gas, a pack of cigaretts it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

49. maudine_05 profile image59
    maudine_05posted 14 years ago

this comes from a famous Philippine movie
    "You're nothing but a second rate, trying-hard..COPY CAT!!!"
    Its not intended for you drej2522..there really is a movie in the Philippines with this famous lines

50. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

Come and get me you big horses ***!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)